Join now - be part of our community!

KD55xf9005 Youview box looses connection.

profile.country.GB.title
pamdent
New

KD55xf9005 Youview box looses connection.

My Sony Bravia KD55XF9005 is connected to my Youview Ultra 4K box by a HDMI cable to HDMI slot 1.  Lately every night my TV switches to a black sccreen stating I have no input connection. Thinking my prooblem was the Youview box I switched of my Youview box at the power and when reconnected still the same message no connection, although the Youview box has a blue light stating it is working.  I changed my HDMI cable to another port to HDMI2 on the TV and my Youview box is working ok.  The same thing happens the next night, change the HDMI back to slot HDMI 1.  I have checked my power settings etc on the TV and all are set ok.  I have used HDMI slots 1 and 2, and both have the same problem, and it is sorted when I change the  HDMI ports.  I have also changed my HDMI cable but the same thing happens.  

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Does it switch to black and them come back on after a second or two. My non 4K Youview box has started doing this and I have no clue why, this is with my XE9005. I wondered if there had been a firmware update to the box.

profile.country.GB.title
pamdent
New

My TV switches to black (with the message stating no device detected) and stays like that.  We have waited 10minutes and it is still the same. I have been in touch with the company who we have a repair plan with and we have reset the TV to factory settings. Its a case of wait and see over the next few days. My TV was only bought 3 weeks ago, and the box came a week later.