Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
TobyCG

Sony are so inept they can't get get this forum working properly.  Getting multiple notifications for the same post.  Hopeless.

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@Anonymous

Yes that's how I'm resetting the TV(erasie everything)

Just done it again> And again after a few flashs of the screen from black to TV channel. My Picture settings are back!

Is theer any other way to reset the TV?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@newbix wrote:

@Anonymous

Yes that's how I'm resetting the TV(erasie everything)

Just done it again> And again after a few flashs of the screen from black to TV channel. My Picture settings are back!

Is theer any other way to reset the TV?

@newbix

To be frank, thats a little concerning...  As you 'should' have been upgraded to Marshmallow, then you also have the option of doing a 'forced factory reset'

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75705/

Try also disconnecting all HDMI cables before hand too.  If that fails, ill escalate this to Sony.

Cheers

ultrablob
Explorer

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hello @ultrablob

After you installed the firmware update - can you please confirm if you have removed the actual pkg file from the USB drive?  Maybe even re-format the USB drive on your PC/Laptop. 

Cheers

@Anonymous

Thank you for the response

Yes I deleted the pkg file and formated the usb-drive on my PC. The TV also formats the drive to be used as a internal storage.

I've decided to wait for the fixed Marshmallow update and see if it resolves the usb-issue since my TV works just fine when I don't have the usb-drive connected.

profile.country.FR.title
nicogri

So I believe there is no officeial word of Sony to explain the roll out, apologies a bit and give updates and ETA...

They should worry now that hundreds to thousands customers performed the update ?

faheemrazzaq
Explorer

I have a 55xd9305 and I posted earlier that I am experiencing juddering in amazon prime specially when a menu pops up. Now I am also having YouTube hang up on me when running 1440p60 stuff. 2160p60 is not available at all. 

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I think most updates were fine. But if even ten percent are not that's enough to withdraw the update. 

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@Anonymous

Hi. My TV is getting worse by the day.

IMG_20170304_204530.jpg

That happend trying to whatch a Blu ray.

IMG_20170304_204852.jpg

And that happens when I try to use teh settings via the remote>action menu

I really need to downgrade. I know that sony repair centre by me can do it but it needs sonys say so.

Also after leaving the TV in standby for over an hour. It won't come back on!

I need to turn it off\on at the sockett. This is getting silly now.

Please can you ask sony if I can have a downgrade image?

Thanks dude.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @newbix

I have escalated your issues to Sony Support for them to investigate and assist you.  To be honest, I do not know what is going on with your TV, but it does seem to need some type of repair or ... ?

They should be in contact with you in the next day or two, please ensure that you have correct contact details in your account profile.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@Anonymous

Thank you. I just hope they link me to an image I can down grade too.