Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.FR.title
nicogri

I did "solve" my Kodi DTS problems using 17.1 *****ty build and it works.

For other problems, still the same random but not to many reboots...

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Okay well it's been a good week now and all is still silent with Sony regarding the marshmallow rollout. 

Today was the day that Sony got Marshmellow rolled out to all 2015 /2016 models. 

So what now???  Will this be anither year before we see another update that screws up. 

I just can't believe that Sony go this so wrong. 

Sony had a ridiculous amount of time to finnaly redeem them selfs and try to get back the bad press and reputation that they had. And yet within days of releasing the new software they have to  pull it bloody hell!!! 

I was one of the lucky ones with a 2015 model were the update worked with out to much trouble TV works brilliantly almost. 

So so Sony come on what's going on are we going to see a new build number very soon.. At least have the decency to keep all your customers informed on what going to happen next... Other wise people will remember this and just go Stright to Samsung or Panasonic and LG next time round ..... 

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

Well I'm a glass half full sort of guy and want to find the positives with my Sony android TV, so far all I can think of is there is a snowballs chance in hell that the FBI & MI5 have been able to spy on me :wink:

Seriously though my KD49X8305 is still running lollipop and I have to say running pretty well, I resisted updating and turned off auto updates a few weeks ago, glad I did now.

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

I made a phone call to sony support UK and got the same old "never heard of this" after she reset the TV by remote

and messed about a bit. I've a tech guy coming friday before 12pm.

I know he won't be able to put it right with out another motherboard to flash an older version. I do think Sony is wasting mony doing it this way.

profile.country.SE.title
joeldeluxe

I've been running 6.0 on my 50W805C without issues from day 1. And of course did I do a factory reset just in case :wink:  My TV is running smoother and TV-guide just fades and not switching channel which was annoying.

xanadu5579
Explorer

I am not sure if anyone can provide me an answer and reading through I think the answer is the firmware.

I did install the new firmware before it was pulled and all went well, until this morning.

When I got up I noticed the TV (KD-49X8005C) was turned on and on some kind of google advert.

I turned it off and it stayed off, 20 mins later it turned itself back on and then continued to turn on and back to the same thing the TV is not set to auto standby.  I unplugged it from the wall and left it.  A few hours later it turned on, seemed ok switched to HDMI to watch a program and the TV keeps turning back to this google advert thing, advertising movies to watch.

Is there a simple fix anyone can suggest or should I factory reset?

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@xanadu5579

how about telling us the name of that service?

xanadu5579
Explorer

Thats the thing, I am not sure what the service was, it was just google advertising videos.

That said I may have posted prematurely as I think in my situation I worked out the issue

I have a logitech game controller connected and it would seem one of the buttons was depressed causing it to send signals to the TV.  The batteries we removed from the controller and the TV has since started behaving

Something I need to look at in detail when I get home methinks

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

I have a game controller attached as well, and have random power ons at
night. I will disconnect the USB receiver at once and see if it will change
anything.
xanadu5579
Explorer

I hope it works for you, seems a very simple solution to what was a strange problem.

So far since about 10am the TV has been good.

I also did the power setting change as advised somewhere else in this thread