Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi Glad to here another comment on this subject.

I can confirm that It does seem to effect Netflix and Amazon. My TV is KD-43X8307C 2015 model

I only have a basic ADSL connection with 7mb but it's a very strong and stable connection so I get a 1080p stream on both amazon and Netflix as I use cat5e network cable with my router.

I also felt that same thing with the motion it's not like the general motionflow you can change this feels alot more natural so I don't seem to feel it gives me the classic ''soap opera effect ''.

going to see over the next few days but to be honest I'm also going to stick with ''best framerate'' option.

I'm aware it's been their scene Android 5 but my TV is working so well right now after the new update 3.85 not once has it crashed or reset or anything as of yet and it's been over a week now.

So for me this is a real bonus and feels like I'm really getting the best out of my panel or its making the the TV work far more efficiently getting 4K and best motionflow!

I played 'Bee The Movie ' on Netflix yesterday and it definitely does not seem to be plasibo effect to me.

Here is the link to were I found this option in the first place and the guys YouTube channel check it out...

https://youtu.be/mO4ReNEn2gM

Sent from my Sony Xperiaâ„¢ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi Glad to here another comment on this subject.

I can confirm that It does seem to effect Netflix and Amazon. My TV is KD-43X8307C 2015 model

I only have a basic ADSL connection with 7mb but it's a very strong and stable connection so I get a 1080p stream on both amazon and Netflix as I use cat5e network cable with my router.

I also felt that same thing with the motion it's not like the general motionflow you can change this feels alot more natural so I don't seem to feel it gives me the classic ''soap opera effect ''.

going to see over the next few days but to be honest I'm also going to stick with ''best framerate'' option.

I'm aware it's been their scene Android 5 but my TV is working so well right now after the new update 3.85 not once has it crashed or reset or anything as of yet and it's been over a week now.

So for me this is a real bonus and feels like I'm really getting the best out of my panel or its making the the TV work far more efficiently getting 4K and best motionflow!

I played 'Bee The Movie ' on Netflix yesterday and it definitely does not seem to be plasibo effect to me.

Here is the link to were I found this option in the first place and the guys YouTube channel check it out...

https://youtu.be/mO4ReNEn2gM

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

Well, I am really sorry to say this, but your idea with changing the options for best frame rate is crap!

I do believe you that you got better picture with 60 fps frame rate on 1080p, but please.....we have here 4K TVs and we all want to have the best experience watching the 4K meterial. SO how the ***** you want to proove your point for changing the frame rate, since you only have ADSL connection of 7 mb!!!!

You can't even compare 1080p and 4K properly!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Firstly.. Before we go on their is such thing as a forum code of conduct so what's with the aggressive bad language for a start!

Secondly I have a Wright to voice my views and options and not scream 😱 with out having to use bad language and be aggressive in putting your views and options across I have never done that with any other member if I disagree with a comment or point.

When putting your point of view how old are you by the way this is an adult environment.

Thirdly I have a 4K TV as I have mentioned before. This setting effects normal viewing and not just stream via Netflix or Amazon.

I have also provided where I found this out as well just to show everyone.

I will also provide this link were it also comments on the Nivida Ge-fource website.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/846397/optimal-hdmi-setting-frame-rate-resolution-/?offset=...

Lastly if you can't behave in an adult fashion and can't put your views or comments or arguments across on this forum in a adult Manor then I believe you have no place here and have the moderator remove you or posts

We can take arguments or points of view or in fact corrections but not in the way you seem to.

I May be wrong or Wright fair enough that's were you provide your points of view to this adult discussion that's how it's done..

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

I am deeply sorry if you got offended by my statement and I apologize for that.

I am an adult and you are too I hope :slight_smile:

But to suggest something that at the end of the day cripples the device which can not be used anymore in full, that's .....well, OK, choose your own words for that. I think, I made myself clear to all of the members here.

And another thing.....instead of searching for awkward workarounds (and I do thank you for your enthusiasm) we should all attack Sony for selling us halfproducts and their incopetence of dealing with the mess they made.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

If you're using the Sony tv Netflix app it can't make any difference. Its not possible as there's no HDMI involved, it's a direct internet stream. It does definitely improve the image on a sky box or ps4 etc. It may not upscale it to 4k but it is certainly a more pleasing and clearer image on 1080 sources. This thread probably needs to be moved to it's own thread as it's nowt to do with the update. 

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

@bbrks011 wrote:

Well, I am really sorry to say this, but your idea with changing the options for best frame rate is crap!

I do believe you that you got better picture with 60 fps frame rate on 1080p, but please.....we have here 4K TVs and we all want to have the best experience watching the 4K meterial. SO how the ***** you want to proove your point for changing the frame rate, since you only have ADSL connection of 7 mb!!!!

You can't even compare 1080p and 4K properly!!!

The 4k material (Netflix Amazon etc) that is streamed is not affected. You can watch all the 4k streams in 4k and still get the benefit of a better quality 1080 picture on "best frame rate" on devices connected on HDMI. 

As we begin to get more 4k HDMI devices (such as the sky q box) that may change however. 

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

Sure you are right about that, but I am exactly the case, using only HDMI inputs for two sat receivers and Android TV Box I have.

Natflix is fine of course :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

@bbrks011 wrote:

Sure you are right about that, but I am exactly the case, using only HDMI inputs for two sat receivers and Android TV Box I have.

Natflix is fine of course :slight_smile:

Why don't you try best frame rate then? 🙂

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

Nope, don't want to.....cause of the 4K I get from the TV box :slight_smile:

And again, it makes me sick thinking about how Sony, because of it's incompetence, is forcing us to try all the unusual tricks to get these TVs to work properly. Unreal :anguished: