Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

Is it OK to expect Android Oreo on 2017 Sony Android TVs?

641 REPLIES 641
profile.country.GB.title
Si_Hill

Looks like I'm in the same boat.  Updated my KD-65XE8596 and it got stuck in an infinite reboot loop. 

It was connected via ethernet so I pulled the wire and got a little further but as soon as it connected to the wifi it rebooted. 

Hard reset the TV and started the setup process with my phone, again as soon as the TV gains an internet connection it reboots.

Hard reset again, got it all working with no network connection of any kind, Sky working etc.  Plugged in the ethernet cable and boom it starts rebooting again.

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

The automatic update roll-out has been suspended: Android™ 8.0 Oreo™ automatic update temporarily suspended – 13th February 2019

They only refer to the audio problems, but let's hope that they will address the other issues, too.

profile.country.GB.title
Si_Hill

The support page for my TV, KD-65XE8596, is now showing the Firmware updade v6.5830 with a release date of 14/02/2019 (Today). 

The version and zip file is named exactly the same as the one I previously downloaded, but the pkg file contained within it is a different name and size....

profile.country.US.title
anwarsaheb64
Explorer

it is the same version,no changes

profile.country.RO.title
snapisrl

last night, I had a deal.
I gave the remote control to turn on the TV and did not leave the new one month tv that I ate to make big mistake.
I changed the batteries, I pressed all the time for nothing, then I took off the plug left 30 seconds and put into the socket.
I clicked on the remote and waited about 30 seconds until the sony logo came on and then started the android system.
and another problem that I have after the update does not connect but hard to wifi on 5 g though it instantly connect to the original 7 android.
I need to connect manually and 5 g appears when I find it and then connects then disappears out of the area then appears again and so many times, squeeze the password and after some attempts it connects.
if i could gladly come back to android 7 but i understand that i can not. uffffffffffff
profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

Another KD-65XE8596 (UK) 2017 model  owner here. I was eagerly looking forward to this update until I found this thread. My box is still on Android 7, perhaps luckily it's not updated itself yet. The reported problems in this thread are making me think about switching updates off until the dust settles.

profile.country.GB.title
MrPillze
Explorer

Updated my xe9005 to oreo and also experiencing strange bugs after a factory reset. 24p sync auto scene selection no longer works right it just doesnt change from game or it thinks 24p content is a game and auto switches to that instead of cinema home.  also when i turn tv and soundbar off together it breaks arc but i get around this by turning the sounbar off first then the tv and also turning tv on then the soundbar.

profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

Is anyone having problems with TV not waking up from sleep? I have to unplug at the wall and turn back on.

I have a Sony AF8 and upgraded to Oreo via manual download usb option. Installation was smooth and I have no other issues apart from the tv not turning on from sleep.

profile.country.GB.title
aqarwaen
Explorer

i have  KD-65XD7505..after update i cant use naitive video app,it just stays in infinite loading loop..

2th question why native video app folder weiv is such junk??i mean half my files are missing.that why i use es file explorer here..

3th question and final one...why has sony not fixed usb hdd endlessly booting up?this costed me one hdd,cuse tv didnt power hdd off,even if it was not use.same happened then tv was off and i heard my hdd click noises then started and shut off in endless loop..

profile.country.CZ.title
bighead_1
Explorer

I am on android oreo with my xf75 and only problem is with dualshock controller. I have two DS4 v2 and one of them is working great and the second one is working for like 30s and then its being unresponsive. I tried everything possible but didnt find a single solution. Only solution that worked for me is through usb cable but thats pretty uncomfortable. Can anybody help me with that? On android noughat i didnt have a single problem with two controllers paired at one time and it was working flawlessly.