Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

Is it OK to expect Android Oreo on 2017 Sony Android TVs?

641 REPLIES 641
profile.country.GB.title
novalu
Explorer

TudRich: I have the same problem with my KD-49XE8096. From one of the five attempts I have to unplug from the wall and turn on by the long pressing the button on TV.

profile.country.GB.title
garygibson
Explorer

Is it possible with all the issues caused by Oreo, to downgrade to the older software version, and if so, where can it be downloaded from?

I am also experiencing frequent reboots, and will immediately reboot when I use the Voice Search facility.

profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

I don’t think you can roll back to the previous software version. My tv have been much better since I did a factory reset but it sill uses Oreo. Also, make sure that all applications have updated after the reset.

profile.country.EE.title
aqarwaen29
Explorer

SO THEN IS SONY GOING TO POST ANY UPDATE???OR WILL SONY JUST IGNORE ALL ISSUES AND LEAVED MESSED UP ANDROID SYSTEM???WHY HAS THERE BEEN OFFICIAL UPDATE,ABOUT FIXING ALL BROXEN THINGS??

profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

Sony offered to cover half the cost to repair my tv. They wouldn’t even acknowledge there was a software issue. They said it must be hardware. Total joke. If they just said a new update would fix the issue or let me downgrade to the working software I’d be delighted. 

profile.country.GB.title
Jsmitty87
Explorer

Hello guys,

Is there any news about upcoming patch with fix of broken video app and ARC?

Tags (4)
profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

@Jsmitty87 wrote:

Hello guys,

Is there any news about upcoming patch with fix of broken video app and ARC?

Sadly nothing ...it's been over a month since oreo initial release and there's no word on bug fix update...

profile.country.GB.title
Si_Hill

My KD-65XE8596 is effectivly no longer a smart TV and has been broken since 14th Feb, I can only use it completely offline, as soon as a wired or wireless connection is made the TV gets stuck in a reboot loop.

I know this isn't the exact issue the firmware was pulled but even for the issue that they have identified they are being very slow at releasing an update.

Is there any way to get word from someone at Sony as to whats going on.  Over £1000 worth of TV sitting 'broken'

profile.country.GB.title
carly1981
Explorer

This is exactly what happened to mine. Turned out it was a hardware issue and they had to replace the main board. All works fine now. Hope that helps.

profile.country.GB.title
Jsmitty87
Explorer

Hi,

Any firmware updates to fix 6.5830 bugs? Anyone? Please?

The problems persists for almost 2.5 months & and we're have no even approximately dates when this would be done. People can't even watch their videos and pass 5.1

Hope for an early solution