Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

Is it OK to expect Android Oreo on 2017 Sony Android TVs?

641 REPLIES 641
profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

@Jsmitty87 wrote:

Hi,

Any firmware updates to fix 6.5830 bugs? Anyone? Please?

The problems persists for almost 2.5 months & and we're have no even approximately dates when this would be done. People can't even watch their videos and pass 5.1

Hope for an early solution

Still nothing and no word from Sony...

They are really slow when it comes to fixing things...

Sterling77
Explorer

Hi guys.
Who can tell me if Sony intends to resolve the problems that drag the 8.0 and when it arian please?.

Because if they do not have the intention, they should unlock again the 7.0, because this update has made the TV a S..., Slower, After upgrading to 8.0 My onscreen keyboard no longer appears when i click into a search or text area, have tried using different keyboard and also stopping and starting keyboard service but no joy!, the previous installed apk and those from now do not work, it does not let me use the SmartTv Remote Control One-flick Touch Pad and the home theater does not work is not singronized as it did it with 7.0.

Can someone from sony address this issue with the firmware update rendering old units useless 7.0? is there a way to do a rollback? Any help would be appreciated.

Thks...

profile.country.GB.title
Itom86

No mate, they claim that the new software always brings the best possible experience. So they keep testing it for months before the release, making sure that there would be no issues. Therefore there is no need for downgrade... LOL

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@Jsmitty87 wrote:

Hi,

Any firmware updates to fix 6.5830 bugs? Anyone? Please?

The problems persists for almost 2.5 months & and we're have no even approximately dates when this would be done. People can't even watch their videos and pass 5.1

Hope for an early solution

These problems still remain, guess no upgrading for me still...... Sony are terrible.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not want to state that the Oreo upgrade was perfect, but I'm using it since two months with no limitation on my set. I can use my soundbar, even if arc is broken, by adding an optical cable and I can watch my DTS 5.1 encoded audio movies via Nova Player even if Video app is broken. So you may stay with nougat if you like, but Oreo is fine too. At least for me.

profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

You’re one of the lucky ones. My tv was ruined by the update. Sony has no interest in helping. Finally just got rid of it and have a samsung now. I’ll never again buy Sony 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Good luck to you too! You'll never experience anymore problems with dts since sammy does not support it by design as well as major system upgrade since it is not in the policy of the company
profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

Perhaps Sony, Samsung, LG and the rest of them will eventually give up trying to be software integrators and outsource the "smart" part of their products to organizations who know how to do it right i.e. nvidia.

If any of these TV manufacturers care about what they're doing and they have a plan to give customers a decent usable product for their money, they will stop creating rubbish and attempting to maintain rubbish and they will just do that. I'm probably deluded.

The hardware and software technology exists today but IMO a very good smart TV user experience still doesn't exist. 

I'm an Android Nougat die-hard user until Sony deliver something that isn't an Oreo bug gauntlet crap shoot.

profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

Ill gladly take that over an update that turns a perfectly good tv into a non functioning tv. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Ok good for you.