Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

Is it OK to expect Android Oreo on 2017 Sony Android TVs?

641 REPLIES 641
profile.country.NL.title
pa3eia
Expert

Firmware update:

Welcome to Android™ 9 Pie for Sony’s 2018-2019 TVs (AF9, ZF9, AG9, ZG9, XG85/XG87 and XG95 Series)

Starting on 11th December 2019 

Good luck,
73's

I don't know everything, just trying to help you!!!
Thanks about the Kudos!!!
profile.country.GB.title
Pat100

Thanks for the link!

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Jesus my 2 year old €70 MiBox S gets Android 9 but my 2 year old €1300 Sony Android TV wont recieve it...

What's wrong in the world today... 

profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

@zlays84 wrote:

Jesus my 2 year old €70 MiBox S gets Android 9 but my 2 year old €1300 Sony Android TV wont recieve it...

What's wrong in the world today... 

Sony's questionable 3rd party SoC design decisions that were made at design time in all of their Bravia Android TVs other than their very recent models. We can't call that a world problem, but it is what is wrong with Sony and what has resulted in them not being able to support their own TVs very well.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@joelippa  schrieb:
other than their very recent models

It is still a MediaTek, buggy as hell, no support, suffering the same fate sooner or later.

profile.country.GB.title
markpiggott
Explorer

I have a KD-43XF7596 and have updated it to v6.6545. There doesn't seem to be any problems other than the DTS is still broken. I hope another update is released to fix it.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

so.... is this pie update rolling out or not? I don't see it as download on any sony site. But also no news that is on hold.

profile.country.FI.title
erkkipj
Explorer
profile.country.GB.title
miscofi

That's not the Pie update
This is the link, but no download available yet
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00236430
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

that's why I'm asking if anyone got OTA update. 11 days since announcement and no reports on updates, no links to download and no news that it's not actually happening.