Join now - be part of our community!

dolby vision

profile.country.GB.title
benjy86

dolby vision

hello i have a sony bravia kd55xe9305 and im wondering if i use the us firmware to download the dolby vision update would this work on my uk tv or would i lose the youview app etc? any help would be greatly appriceated im to impatient to check out dolby vision on netflix etc to wait

40 REPLIES 40
profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

It makes no difference to the sound .its a souce issue.so therefore the sonus would be affected the same if you see what i mean....ie:the sound drops on the app that is being used not toe speaker system..:grin:

@miblogg39wrote:

I keep the sound down to zero and just have sound running through a sonos playbar and 2x sonos plays 1s A’s surround .... it’s great for sport ... the 65 a1 is a fab tv just need this vision sorted !! 

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

Ah ok .... didn’t realise that ... thanks for info .... will have just to Wait for update then via hdmi ... if it ever happens 😩

profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

@miblogg39wrote:

Ah ok .... didn’t realise that ... thanks for info .... will have just to Wait for update then via hdmi ... if it ever happens 😩

Hey no worries (the update will come via the network either wired or wireless not the HDMI . :thumbsup:

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

Thank you much appreciated... 

profile.country.GB.title
StoufferTheCat

I see that the DV firmware for the XE9305 is starting to appear in the UK. I also see that a number of people have had problems with it - think I'll wait for it to arrive naturally with me rather than rushing things!

Anyway, does this update allow DV from external, HDMI sources? Or only from the built-in apps?

Ta

profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

Not sure on the HDMI as got nothing to test it with as yet.. :yahoo:

@StoufferTheCatwrote:

I see that the DV firmware for the XE9305 is starting to appear in the UK. I also see that a number of people have had problems with it - think I'll wait for it to arrive naturally with me rather than rushing things!

Anyway, does this update allow DV from external, HDMI sources? Or only from the built-in apps?

Ta

profile.country.GB.title
gspannu
Explorer

It works over HDMi as well. 

I have just tested my 65 A1 with the 4K Apple TV, and Dolby Vision works fine....

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

How did you download Dolby vision ?did you use usb ? Or have you received the update now . 

profile.country.GB.title
gspannu
Explorer

I downloaded the update from Sony support site and manually updated via USB stick.

The download for the 65A1 is here

NewtonsFlux
Explorer

Think I will wait for DV to update automatically, tried side loading via USB but TV would not even find USB, maybe for the best after reading the problems.

My reply is about your Sonos soundbar and 2 x play 1`s set-up.

I have 2 x play 1`s and trying to justify to the misses spending another £600 for a soundbase / bar to pair up with the 1`s, is it really a good sound / noticeable difference / worth the money ? 

Cheers

NewtonsFlux