Join now - be part of our community!

ExpressVPN login problem

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

ExpressVPN login problem

Hello.

Back in February, I had installed ExpressVPN under Android 7 Nougat and loged in with no problem.

I have upgraded my TV to Android 8 Oreo on May (the revised update) without factory reseting it and I had no problem to log in and use expressvpn.

Today, I decided to factory reset my TV just to fresh it up.

I have re-installed ExpressVPN, but I can not log in anymore. It does not even try. It just says "no connection, try again". The credentials are correct, but even if I enter something wrong, it does not return a "wrong user or pass" message. It just says "no connection, try again".

My TV is a KD-55XE9005.

What is happening? Any help, opinion or relevant exprerience?

Update:

To whom it may concern: I have sorted it out. The culprit seems to be a pi-hole that I have on my network. To those unfamiliar with pi-hole, in short it is a raspberry pi running the pi-hole program with the goal to cut all the ads and unwanted links and connections to all the devices on the local network. My guess is that the link that the expressvpn app tried to connect to during initial log in procedure was dropped by the pihole. Of course I tried to disable pihole for some time but did not work.

I have managed to bypass this by connecting to a neighbour's wifi and completed the login procedure succesfully.

Afer that I am able to connect to the expressvpn servers through my network again.

Sorry for the tl;dr post, but I thought that someone could make use of the info.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

We're glad to hear your issue has been sorted out now.

It's really helpful of you to add the resolution to your post for others in the community.

Thanks,

Ed