Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update 6.267 (Oct/Nov 2017) full details ?

profile.country.GB.title
got2avekayanow
Explorer

Firmware update 6.267 (Oct/Nov 2017) full details ?

Hi all, I'm being pestered by osn's to tale this update but everywhere I've looked it lists a few details followed by "and more". Before I allow it I'd like to know what the "and more" is. Anyone know where I can see the full list.

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

The Samba message issue

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Go to Settings > Apps and re-enable the Samba Interactive service.

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Ok thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Kuschelmonschter wrote:

This video clearly demonstrates what Samba TV is geared towards. It is all about Sony making some money by spying on us.

I can't believe it. It's for monitoring!!! To gain data about what we are watching. Now I am even happier to have disabled it.

profile.country.GB.title
zadtso
Explorer

Hi, Why was Twitter removed from the Action menu? I liked using it while watching question time :thumbsdown: Angus 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Why was Twitter removed from the Action menu?

Because Sony decided not to pay for the feature anymore. Guess too few people ever used it.

Other features Sony recently abandoned:

- Opera TV Store

- live TV/TV guide features in Video & TV SideView app

Seems like common practice these days.

profile.country.GB.title
darrenj11

Oh,the twitter feature never worked for me, thought it was permanently broke 

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

So I updated to the 'New' YouTube application when launched, found the 1440 and greater issue and then went back to the 'Old' YT version, after following comments here and elsewhere indicating playing of UHD was working, updated to the 'New' YT version again. I got no microstuttering at all during these operations, just the inability to play 1440 and up content correctly. 

On Friday i took the plunge and updated to the new Sony Firmware (taking 42mins in the process) now the 'New' YT version IS exhibiting microstuttering. I've reverted to the 'old'App again.

Q for Sony, has this been noted? If so when will it be fixed, again? 

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
speedyrite

@chrisbrowe wrote:

So I updated to the 'New' YouTube application when launched,

I've reverted to the 'old'App again.

How do you actually get the new version of the app? And how do you revert back to an older version?

Reason for asking is that 55XE9005 has got YouTube app version 2.01.04 (from 28/08/2017). I'm sure there's a newer version but I can't figure out how to make the TV get it!  Apps are set to auto-update in the Google Play Store app settings. Installed firmware 6.267 since about a week ago. I suspect that other apps are also out of date.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

speedyrite wrote: 

Reason for asking is that 55XE9005 has got YouTube app version 2.01.04 (from 28/08/2017). I'm sure there's a newer version 

Not really. YouTube v2.01.04 is the latest version. That's what I have installed and what it is shown in apk mirror (which usually gets updated in a couple of days max for YouTube).

To revert back to the original contained in the OS installation (of which I don't know the version after the last OS update), just search "YouTube" in Google Play in the TV, select it and then select "Uninstall updates".

PS: Is it me or at least the remote does work better after the last Android 7.0 update? Apart that I had to change the batteries (again!). But it seems to get the IR signal a bit better.