Join now - be part of our community!

Info Banner - Not changing description from Now to Next - Android TV 2015 and early 2016

profile.country.GR.title
micalfisti

Info Banner - Not changing description from Now to Next - Android TV 2015 and early 2016

When pressing the [i+] button on the remote control, the descripton of whats currently on(NOW), is displayed properly.

Upon pressing the arrow across to display the NEXT program, the description does not change but adds both now and next info.

Issue also exists on Satellite channels.

A three years old issue reported to Sony Greece, Croatia and Russia.

They do not fix.

I want to know if there is support for those TVs anymore

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi micalfisti,

Have you tried tuning your channels without an aerial connection to reset the TV and then tune again with the aerial connected? If you did, please share with us the outcome? Also, let us know the model number of your TV.

Regards,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.GR.title
micalfisti

profile.country.GR.title
micalfisti

profile.country.GR.title
micalfisti

profile.country.GR.title
micalfisti
profile.country.GR.title
micalfisti
profile.country.GR.title
micalfisti

I have tried the method you suggest. Removed both Terrestrial and Satellite cables.

Have performed manual scan to add only one TP of terrestrial or satellite channel.

Have performed Initial setups.

Have tried different regional and time settings. Different ways of time acquiring (Network, transmission or manual)

Other than this, I performed at least 5 factory reset since first Marshmallow Update, both ways, key combination or through System Settings.

Have contacted Sony Greece by phone and by e-mail with attached images twice but they do not care.

Have informed DIGEA Greece provider about the issue of Sony ATV1 specific TVs by e-mail with attached images but the only thing they did was to ask more personal info about me.

Have contacted Google but they also do not care because embedded tvx.apk is a Sony specific app.

The only person that tried to solve issue by forwarding to Sony was Peter_S from German forum who finally managed to solve only for ATV2 models and still maintains the issue for ATV1 as Unsolved

https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/bekannte-sony-android-tv-probleme/m-p/2261182

Issue number 11.

What else could someone do about a software problem? I am 52 and I have never seen this kind of irresponsibility from any other big Company. Only Sony. Not thinking or not worring about the results of what they do on their clients.

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi there,

I have checked the thread you have linked and it's mentioned that this issue happens with some channels and as far as i can tell, this info is provided by the broadcast.

So, I don't think that the TV is faulty since only some channels exhibit this issue.

Regards,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.GR.title
micalfisti

Hi there,

- Yes this happens on 80% of terrestrial DVB-T channels and at 50% or more on satellite channels.

- So yes, this percentage is a big problem.

- A cheap 25 euros receiver connected on same TV DOES NOT have this issue. Now and next EPG info are working fine.

- Satellite ARTE France has this problem but ARTE Deutsch does not. Hundreds more channels have the issue.

- So, this is absolutely a SONY issue since they fixed on ATV2.

- So, yes again this is a 3 years old issue and must be fixed. They DO NOT separate the infos.

I am going to write down about this issue till the day this useless TV goes to recycle bin.

The only thing I feel sorry about is the 1500 euros I spent for helping sony making experiments on our heads.

Best regards