Join now - be part of our community!

Streaming channels missing from discovery menu after oreo update

SOLVED
profile.country.SE.title
OlleRe
Explorer

Streaming channels missing from discovery menu after oreo update

Hi, I have two Sony Android TVs (KD-55A1 and KD-49XF8505) where I have set up streaming channels via Live Channel. It worked fine previously using both the TV-guide and also using the "discovery menu" where I could choose both my Terrestrial TV channels and the streaming channels from the menu (I could add these different sources from the settings in this menu). After the Oreo update the streaming channels cannot be found in discovery menu, I cannot add streaming channels to favorites either anymore. Itis possible to access the streaming channels from the TV-guide where its still possible to change between "digital" and "streaming". I did try a factory reset on one of my TVs but the problem is still there. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.SE.title
OlleRe
Explorer

Not sure what I did but now the streaming channels are selectable for favourites. In the discovery menu the favourites will be visible so problem solved (not sure but it might have been the same on the old version of Android TV, that the only way to access streaming channels is through favourites in discovery menu).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

I would recommend getting in touch with the support team for further assistance here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.SE.title
OlleRe
Explorer

Not sure what I did but now the streaming channels are selectable for favourites. In the discovery menu the favourites will be visible so problem solved (not sure but it might have been the same on the old version of Android TV, that the only way to access streaming channels is through favourites in discovery menu).