Join now - be part of our community!

KD49XG8196BU - TV Channel Query

profile.country.GB.title
PFMC84
Explorer

KD49XG8196BU - TV Channel Query

Hi all. I have a query about this particular model. I understand it comes with a satellite input but it is not a Freesat branded TV, which suits me just fine. I will be tuning in channels from 2 different satellites which are from a single cable feed controlled by a Diseqc switch. I'm assuming this TV supports Diseqc for satellite?

I just wanted to check a few things with someone that has satellite connected on their TV:-

1 - Can you see all terrestrial and satellite channels at the same time on the TV Guide (so you don't have to swap inputs to go between channels)?
2 - Does the TV allow you to edit the channel numbers/names at all? If not, can you create favourites so they can at least be ordered how you like?

I have a Hisense TV which does everything I want perfectly and unfortunately it has developed a fault and is being returned to the retailer. I'm not liking the Hisense brand as much as I thought and would prefer to go with a more well known manufacturer. Preferably one that produces TV's which treat terrestrial and satellite channels the same. As that is something I wouldn't be able to check in a shop, (not that any are open right now!) I have to ask on places like this before purchasing.

Also, if anyone is using one of these new Sony's running Android TV, would they mind posting up some pictures of what the UK TV guide looks like and the list of options available when you go to the channel edit options, such as renumber, rename etc. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi PFMC84,

I'll look into this for you and see if I can find out. Someone else in the community may be able to advise in the meantime though.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
PFMC84
Explorer

Hi Pascale, thanks for getting back to me. Hopefully you will be able to assist me with my queries. Thanks in advance.
profile.country.GB.title
PFMC84
Explorer

I have a Sony Channel Editor for my Mac, if anyone who had terrestrial and satellite on their Sony TV could send me a copy of their channel list .xml file, I can edit it in that and see if it allows me to have terrestrial and satellite channels in one favourites list so i can move between them easily with the CH + and - buttons without having to switch inputs and also see them all on the TV Guide at the same time. That would be a massive help.
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

ROFL

I’ve seen a Moderator reply with an answer, but when you get the SLA-meeting placeholder response along the lines of “I’ll have a look, but maybe somebody else.....“, I’ve never seen a subsequent Moderator follow-up.

But in the absence of any response (and don’t these guys have one of these TVs handy they can just switch on and look at, for goodness sake?) then my sketchy understanding from a very brief play with the satellite facilities, after which we didn’t bother, is:-

Satellite and Terrestrial cannot be combined.

satellite has a fairly primitive Now & Next EPG;

terrestrial Freeview a full 7-day forward EPG;

and YouView a 7-day forward and 7-day backward EPG.

Yes, you can set up Favourites lists, but you can’t mix satellite and terrestrial on one list.

Yes, you can reorder.

I have no idea if you can rename.

If I had to use satellite, I would get myself a Freesat box and connect that to the TV.

I’m happy to be corrected on anything I have got wrong by anyone with a true familiarity with Satellite on these TVs.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
PFMC84
Explorer

That's helpful....?
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Sorry, got into a tangle with authentication 😢

Try the intended version, now intact above.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…