Join now - be part of our community!

Kdl-43w805C compatibility with CMU-BR200

SOLVED
Inha1966
Explorer

Kdl-43w805C compatibility with CMU-BR200

Is the Android TV kdl-43w805C compatible with Skype camera CMU-BR200?

I can't believe I just purchased the latest Android TV as well as the latest Sony Camera and it does not work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The camera is not compatible with the AndroidTV (nor any other else btw) as well there is no official compatible skype app for it, I'm sorry

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The camera is not compatible with the AndroidTV (nor any other else btw) as well there is no official compatible skype app for it, I'm sorry

SDCEGavster

Is this another example of the inept Sony licensing debacle???

I really want to use my KDL55X8507 with Skype and the CMU-BR200. My new TV is one of Sony's latest offers and it's not compatible?????

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not whether the CMU-BR200 is compatible, as im sure thats just a drivers issue updated via firmware, but more the point of there is no Skype app for the android tv....

Inha1966
Explorer

Agrred that the underlying problem is the lack of an app. But to try and sell me a CMU-BR200 camera when they (should) know that it's useless with this tv is wrong.

In addtion if they knew Skype was unavailabe on Android TV when thy make it, they should bake it into the firmware, as per thier previous tvs.

oralmeida
New

Did you try to use another IM software?

IMO works fine, you can install from the APP store. You'll have to link it to a mobile phone.