Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 Pro 4k and a bravia KD55AF8BU signal dropout

profile.country.GB.title
JapeDizzle
Explorer

PS4 Pro 4k and a bravia KD55AF8BU signal dropout

Hello all,

A problem I'm sure you've read of a million times before.

I've a new KD55AF8BU set and by God is it something special. To celebrate my lovely new telly, I upgraded to a PS4 pro.

After some initial tinkering, it was all set to go playing farcry5 in 4k and indeed I've had 2 days of wonderful ultra hi def gaming on the go. Tonight however I encountered a problem where it appears the PS4 pro suddenly didn't like talking to the TV as it should, resulting in constant dropouts of signal to the television.

I've gone through everything I've read on this issue (safe mode in PS4, 2160rgb, checking the settings on HDMI port 2 etc) yet still it would occur. It's debilitating, I will lose vision to a black screen for 2 seconds minimum, often going off for minutes at a time.

I've read it's something to do with Sony's DRM (spit) handshake between the output and input but this isn't helping me solve it.

Can anybody help me? For a brand new 2018 model TV costing over 2 grand, I'm a bit annoyed I'm having to come across this issue especially when the products refusing to work with each other are of the same brand. The only fix appears to be lowering the quality of the PS4 output to 2k or under, but then what's the point in shelling out on something for it to only do half its job?

I'm not using the cable supplied with the PS4 pro, I'm using a sandstrom hdmi 2.0 cable so the connection itself should be more than capable.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi,

Please take a look at the troubleshooting tips here which may help with the issues you're having. Let us know if this helps.

Best wishes,

Ed