Join now - be part of our community!

Short dc supply cable

R3DJ0HN73
Explorer

Short dc supply cable

Hi all,  I have just purchased a new 55xd8599 tv only to find the dc power lead not very long.  I am mounting it on the wall and require a bit more length on the cable.  Am I able to purchase an extension lead or make my own.  Any help would be appreciated or the tv will have to go back.  😞 Cheers. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think the power lead is a normal 8 figure (radio) lead.  You can purchase longer lengths anywhere, or simply purchase a normal power extension lead.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi there

I think the power lead is a normal 8 figure (radio) lead.  You can purchase longer lengths anywhere, or simply purchase a normal power extension lead.

Cheers

From the setup guide, it looks as if the 55" set (only) has an external power supply providing 19.5v DC power to the set.

But this, hopefully, is fed over a figure 8 cable from the mains.

i would be inclined to fix the power brick behind the set on the wall, somewhere there is room for it and it is unobtrusive, whereupon the problem translates into the one Quinnicus suggests the solution for,

Can you check your set,R3DJ0HN73, and see if the above is indeed the case, and can be solved in this way?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

Hi,  did you manage to solve the short cable problem as I’m having the same problem mounting tv on wall.   The power box is huge but cable short from that to tv.  I can get a longer figure of 8 cable.