Join now - be part of our community!

Spinning coloured circles Bravia KD43XF8577

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
pet_gryphon
Explorer

Spinning coloured circles Bravia KD43XF8577

Hi

our 3 year old Bravia KD43XF8577 has recently started misbehaving.  At random intervals, we see a slowly spinning coloured circle appear within a white box in the middle of the screen (see below).  bravia.jpg

The colours change between yellow, blue, red and green which makes me think this is an issue with Android since these are the Google colours.  The problem first started watching iPlayer via WiFi so we had the wireless board replaced.  However, we then had the same issue when watching Free-to-air (YouView) and files stored on a hard drive (Humax) attached to the TV.  We had the main board (and replacement wireless) board replaced and the problem disappeared for a few weeks but has now returned.  I have tried switching off WiFi and connecting to the internet via a Ethernet cable but that did not cure the problem - we get the spinning circles watching Free-to-air, iPlayer/Netflix (wired) and iPlayer/netflix (WiFi), typically 2-3 times per hour.  There are no faults reported in the TV service log and the firmware is up to date.  It is not a major issue watching Youview as the programme continues a few seconds later, but we get disconnected from iPlayer and Netflix which is a PITA.  Would appreciate any suggestions members might have.  Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Hmm, looks like an internet connectivity issue to me - probably a service tries to update something but cannot connect to the server.

Do you have Google Assistant activated? If so please deactivate and check if the symptom still appears.

Cheers
Peter

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Hmm, looks like an internet connectivity issue to me - probably a service tries to update something but cannot connect to the server.

Do you have Google Assistant activated? If so please deactivate and check if the symptom still appears.

Cheers
Peter

profile.country.GB.title
pet_gryphon
Explorer

Couldn't see an "activate/deactivate" Google Assistant switch in setup but have disabled the microphone for Google apps - is that the same thing?

profile.country.GB.title
pet_gryphon
Explorer

Have also switched off the Google app - will see what happens

profile.country.GB.title
pet_gryphon
Explorer

Hi Peter

after some experimenting over the past few days it seems that the Google app on the TV is the issue - we don't get the spinning circles when this is disabled and we do get them when it is enabled.  Thanks for your help!