Join now - be part of our community!

Switching on problem with 55A1E

profile.country.GB.title
jukbee

Switching on problem with 55A1E

Hi all,

Usually when I switched on the TV using remote control, it would just turn on.

But now, in the last few days when I power it on, the LED light on TV will lit up with black screen for 4-5 seconds then it will do the full reboot (spinning android logo). This happens every time. 

I did the factory reset but the problem persists.

Anyone knows the fix?

Thanks in advanced.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

I am actually having an issue very similar to what you are describing. May I ask you to test if you also are facing the following:

1. Set the TV to either a Digital Broadcast or Satellite Broadcast channel.
  2. Restart the TV manually from Home>Settings>About.
  3. When the TV finishes restarting and is showing both picture and sound on the channel it was prior to restarting, wait for about 30-60 seconds without touching any buttons on the remote.

Do you loose the picture (black screen) while the sound still goes on in the background?

profile.country.GB.title
jukbee

@dutchicewrote:

Do you loose the picture (black screen) while the sound still goes on in the background?

I tested what you asked. I didn't loose anything. It shows both picture and audio.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Oh well, then the two issues are not related. Thanks for testing. Is your issue intermittent or consistant? Maybe it has to do with lets say a USB HDD or USB Device you have hooked up? I'd try to see if disconnecting all cables and devices from the back won't/will make a difference.

profile.country.GB.title
jukbee

@dutchicewrote:

Maybe it has to do with lets say a USB HDD or USB Device you have hooked up? I'd try to see if disconnecting all cables and devices from the back won't/will make a difference.

Unplugged everything as you suggested but it doesn't fix the problem...😩

Small3y
Explorer

I am having the same issue. Differnet TV 55X8005c.

Going to try reinstalling the firmware.

profile.country.GB.title
jukbee

Well, engineers came in today and they couldn't fix the problem so they had to take it to workshop.. 😞