Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Planet Earth2 Judder

profile.country.GB.title
bikeeandy

XD9305 - Planet Earth2 Judder

Watched the first episode of the incredible new BBC Planet Earth 2 series. Looked amazing on new tv. But, in quite a few of the panning shots there was a noticeable faint judder. We watched via Freesat.

Anyone else notice?

Any idea if tweaking settings will prevent it happening?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please confirm you have installed the latest firmware which was released yesterday.  See HERE for details.  Once done, please also factory reset the TV as this can help resolve issues, see HERE for instructions.

Also, have you looked at the motionflow settings of the TV, you might want to experiment with this.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
bikeeandy

The tv prompted me to do a system update, so I let it do that. I didn't do a factory reset, as I wasn't sure what unwanted effects that might have. All seems ok so far. As episode 2 is on tonight, we'll see what happens...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bikeeandy

How did things go?  Did it happen again?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
bikeeandy

Yes, it did happen again. 

Was watching BBC HD from a Panasonic DMR-BS850 freesat  box, connected via a Yamaha RX-V673 AV receiver (which does 4k upscaling) so we could watch with decent sound.  

Paused live playback to try and adjust during, but remote was unresponsive at the time. No idea why. So, coudln't change any settings. 

At the moment, I don't know where the issue is. Need to record the program and try and experiment with the various settings, including not playing back via the amp. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I agree - remove the AV Receiver out of the equation (and all other connected devices too) - If all else fails, I can pass on to Sony Support - but definately have a go at those motion flow settings.

Cheers