Join now - be part of our community!

Upadate center 16.0.B.2.13 Supportive firmware unable to process

SOLVED
Not applicable

Upadate center 16.0.B.2.13 Supportive firmware unable to process

I updated to 16.0.B.2.13, but even after installing that software, which required PC companian, another update popped up, of asme version, and much smaller size. I tried to update, but that failed to update even after number of tries. all the threads here seem to be dealing with the main firmware which required PC companion. but this one doesnt require PC companion, and gets ownloaded through update center. Please let me know if anyone else had similar update or had same problem or got a solution. Thanks in Advance.

Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-32-38.png

Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-34-48.png

Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-35-04.png

Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-39-31.png

Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-39-45.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SHIVNARR
Visitor

I have updated my sony xperia c to build version 16.0.B.2.13.

I faced similar problem during update. This problem was solved after resetting my phone.

In the latest build version, memory management has been improved. Till now I have not faced any problem. May be camera quality is improved a bit. Earlier my device memory was 80-90% full and now after update, its 70%. Some of pre-installed apps can be uninstalled. Apps like Google+, Chrome, gmail, maps and all google inbuilt apps require more space and with new updates, these apps grow in size. So you have to chose apps according to your needs. I have disabled most of inbuilt apps which i don't need. RAM usage is improved. To see better results after update, reset your phone. Make backup of your installed apps using super backup app. Battery backup is same as in previous update and 30% to 14% problem is solved. For me android 4.2.2 is better than other versions of android. In other android versions, you can not move apps to sd card. Album and Movie apps are also updated. So in coming months when apps will grow in size after each update, the memory of this device will be full. So we have to be selective in installing apps.:( Otherwise phone is awesome.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SHIVNARR
Visitor

I have updated my sony xperia c to build version 16.0.B.2.13.

I faced similar problem during update. This problem was solved after resetting my phone.

In the latest build version, memory management has been improved. Till now I have not faced any problem. May be camera quality is improved a bit. Earlier my device memory was 80-90% full and now after update, its 70%. Some of pre-installed apps can be uninstalled. Apps like Google+, Chrome, gmail, maps and all google inbuilt apps require more space and with new updates, these apps grow in size. So you have to chose apps according to your needs. I have disabled most of inbuilt apps which i don't need. RAM usage is improved. To see better results after update, reset your phone. Make backup of your installed apps using super backup app. Battery backup is same as in previous update and 30% to 14% problem is solved. For me android 4.2.2 is better than other versions of android. In other android versions, you can not move apps to sd card. Album and Movie apps are also updated. So in coming months when apps will grow in size after each update, the memory of this device will be full. So we have to be selective in installing apps.:( Otherwise phone is awesome.

Not applicable

Resetting phone to factory settings. Fingers Crossed.

Edited: Resetting the phone did the job.. but had to deal with a lot of other things :(( but yes. its a solution. need a better solution though..