Join now - be part of our community!

Can't install Sony Playmemories

profile.country.en_GB.title
jimmymik
Visitor

Can't install Sony Playmemories

I am having trouble installing Sony Playmemories for my HDR-CX320E camcorder. An error message keeps recurring stating;

"Installation canceled because communication with the network was lost. Please check your network connection."

I am having no problem with my internet connection, so can anybody advise me where the problem may lie? Windows Vista is my operating system. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jimmymik

5 REPLIES 5
Hellomatt
New

I am suprised no one has answered this.

I am experiencing the same problem on windows 7 and have tried a variety of different connections all with the same error message below.

error.PNG

One  of the reasons that I just bough the new Sony action can HDR-AS100VR is that Sony have software to support extracting the video and basic editing. I am really not happy because I cant view any of the videos I have shot so far.

A response will be most appreciated

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Can you insert a larger image for us?

jobaker3774
Explorer

Hi

Unless you require the functions PMB provides you actually do not need to install PMB to get the video and images off the camera.

1. Plug in the camera and turn it on.

2. In Windows Explorer you will have another disc drive appear

3. Browse to the appropriate folder for video or images and copy them direct to your computer.

John

profile.country.en_GB.title
pmclaughlin
Explorer

I had a similar problem recently with a Windows 8 Pro 64bit laptop and using Sony mobile's EMMA firmware restore software with the same unexplained error.

I think the problem was a side affect of setting Firefox to the default web browser and this somehow interfered with the software's ability to correctly use the settings in Window's control panel → internet properties → connections (tab) → Lan settings (button) → automatically detect settings(tick box) to make an internet connection.

So I unticked the automatically detected settings tick box and this seemed to fix it. So I suspect it will do the same for you. If not, try adding a new user account(windows profile) to your PC, and try installing the software through that profile, then revert back to your own profile to see if the software works. If it does, then remove the extra windows profile and this should have worked around the problem.

Hope this helps.

CYHHants
New

I had exactly the same problem and found that using this alternative installer worked, although it's very slow:

https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/94460/~/using-an-installer-that...