Join now - be part of our community!

CCD-TR45E - Questions

kensynnot
New

CCD-TR45E - Questions

I am the owner of as SONY VIDEO CAMERA RECORDER 8 CCD-TR45E , Video 8 "handycam" camcorder. I know it is quite old now but I've recently started to wish to use it again.

Firstly I wish to copy my old tapes onto DVDs

I've bought a "Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe "Video Conversion Solution"" "Vidbox" with associated cable/scart connections. This is to "Capture video from .... camcorder and convert them into home DVD movies"

This "homestech" has effortlessly converted my VCRs onto DVDs.

But I'm having a problem with my CCD-TR45E !

The CCD-45E has only 2 TWO output connections (1 audio & 1 video)(Page 7 of the manual : VIA (video/audio output) jacks (phono jacks)) : while my "Honestech" has THREE input connections/Scart connections (OUT : video/audio-L/audio-R)

How I can make this work, please ?

Is there any "connection" part that I can buy from Sony ?

At the moment I can only view what is on my tapes on the video camera (in black & white)

I would like to view them on a TV screen OR on my Computer.

The CCD-TR45E manual shows a way to connect to a TV (Page 36. for a FRU-89EA connection cable etc). But I have been unsuccessful in making this work !!

Can anyone tell me any update of what I may be doing wrong (I have a brand new SONY Bravo TV)

OR

is there an alternative connection I can do (Can I buy a new connection cable from SONY ?)

Perhaps related to 1 above.

Can I view my camcorder tapes on my computer by making a direct cabled connection between the 2 of them ?    I presume I am asking for for a USB connection.  (that's what the Honestech connection is)

Please do not be too technical in any response. I'm trying to understand this but I'm not sure I actually do !!!

Any diagrams you can supplement any information with would be great 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kensynnot

Hi there

Ive moved your post to the camcorder section as you replied in a generic thread in the TV section.  I dont know anything about camcorders, so hopefully someone who does can help you.

Cheers