Join now - be part of our community!

HVR-V1E Camera - getting HDMI output to work

HVR-V1E Camera - getting HDMI output to work

Hi There

I have an elderly but still working HVR-V1E camera. I'm using it as a recorder, set to HDV1080i, and at the same time am connecting the HDMI socket immediately underneath the LCD panel with a short high quality cable (I've actually tried two different cables) to either of two different HDMI monitors - but I cannot see any kind of HDMI output signal. Even if I switch the camera into VCR mode and do the same test (with footage that I shot - so there is no DRM involved), I cannot see an HDMI output.

Can anyone spot if I'm doing something silly. I've combed the menus to look for a "HDMI enable" type setting but without any luck.

If I press the "Status check" button, the top line of the 2nd (of 4) status pages confirms "HDMI OUTPUT: ----" so the camera appears to know of the option, but it also appears to be unavailable.

Any comments or pointers would be most welcome as I'm scratching my head with this even after reading the manual

Ciaran Brady - Tech Director TRGS Ltd

[Edited by moderator to remove email address]

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi MoonwatcherSony and welcome.

Have you tried playing back a tape recorded in DVCAM (DV) recording format? This would, at least, identify if it is just the HDV1080i format signal that is blocked.

I presume the VCR HDV/DV playback signal is set to "AUTO" or "HDV"? May be worth checking in the (IN/OUT REC) menu. It is unlikely to be set to "DV" but worth a check!

:thinking: