Join now - be part of our community!

modifying wifi settings of action camera

SOLVED

modifying wifi settings of action camera

Hey guys! Happy to join the forum. I hope I will be able to get a lot of info here regarding the nice hdr as200v cameras. Surely one of my best investments I ever did.

I bought 3 cameras so far, in 2 weeks they will become 4! I am recording multicamera video sessions and the default SSID and password settings are my biggest nightmare. I use the Play Memories in order to manage the cameras in real time. The default naming conventions are very frustrating and I cannot understand quickly which camera is which when I want to connect to any of them - TJH6 or any other non sense identifier for the cameras makes me connect 2-3 times in order to get the one I need. Having in mind I do this via the phone makes the things even worse.

So can these settings be updated in the " wifi config" (I don't remember the file name now) file? Can I set my personal SSID and pass?

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi feyscontrol,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

I can understand your frustration because that was the first thing I did with another brand of action camera but unfortunately it is not possible to change either the SSID or the wifi password of your AS200V..

However I will forward your comments onto one of my contacts within Sony in a hope that this might get changed in the future..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi feyscontrol,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

I can understand your frustration because that was the first thing I did with another brand of action camera but unfortunately it is not possible to change either the SSID or the wifi password of your AS200V..

However I will forward your comments onto one of my contacts within Sony in a hope that this might get changed in the future..