Join now - be part of our community!

Video editing

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Workshy1
Explorer

Video editing

Hi all, a couple of Qs if anyone can help please;

Playmemories....recently downloaded for my RX10, 4, and it will edit with its apparently limited funcionality, as long as the file I want is near the top of the 'scroll down' list of files, (Lots of photos/videos, because if I need to find another it will scroll a bit, then buffer, then scroll a bit etc etc, and sometimes will freeze...the buffer icon spinning non stop. I havnt got further than about a tenth the way down my photos yet. Is that a likely fault, virus?, (its a MAC). Lots of storage/memory space left.

Is Playmemories as limited as it seeems to me? No fade in/out for instance? or am I, very likely, missing something?

(I do have iMovie but havnt worked out yet if this is compatible with the different video files on the Sony. I have barely used iMovie for my previous efforts with camcorder.)

This may be eminently apparent, but I am not a computer/techno giant, so would be very happy if any help/answers, are dumb downed to my apparent level!

Ever gratefull,

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Workshy1,

yes, PlayMemories is a rather limited software when it comes to video editing.

It can be used to trim a clip or put two (or more) clips together and render them into one file (and you can add text :astonished:) - aside from that you can't do much.

If you want to do more elaborate video editing, there are tons of free (or inexpensive) programs you can use.

While I personally use Magix Video Pro X, I only heard good things about DaVinci Resolve.

- Nic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Workshy1,

yes, PlayMemories is a rather limited software when it comes to video editing.

It can be used to trim a clip or put two (or more) clips together and render them into one file (and you can add text :astonished:) - aside from that you can't do much.

If you want to do more elaborate video editing, there are tons of free (or inexpensive) programs you can use.

While I personally use Magix Video Pro X, I only heard good things about DaVinci Resolve.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Workshy1
Explorer

Thanks for that Nic. I have come across DaVinci in a post somewhere. Seems popular.

More research required! 

Thanks again.

Mark