Join now - be part of our community!

Book deletion PRS-T1

profile.country.en_GB.title
JBarlow
Explorer

Book deletion PRS-T1

Hello,

I've purchased some ebooks for my Reader PRS-T1. Despite having purchased these, they had a one-day expiry notice and promptly deleted themselves from both my Reader and the Reader for PC software.

Why does the DRM delete these books in this way? I have been in contact with the store I purchased the books from and they could not identify the problem - they informed me they had contacted Sony, who told them an update should resolve this problem.

I have the update, but the books are still deleted after one day and the problem has not been resolved.

Anyone any ideas on this one? I would like to use my Reader for its intended function.

J

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

I don't quite know what you've got up to here, JB !

Your books, if bought for the Sony should be epub, and won't have a DRM as I know it.

[ But I'm only a relative newie, so I'm happy for correction if needed. ]

DRM should have nowt to do with it, far as I know - it is basically a software dodad to stop you reading things on anything other than the "publisher's" [ie Amazon) approved hardware (ie kindle), so making you desperate to get out and buy one!

It is claimed to be an anti-piracy measure, but of course it's no such thing - it certainly doesn't work as one, anyway !

And I don't know quite how you've managed to, effectively, "rent" books for the full purchase price - haven't had any experience of that .

Where did you buy from ?