Join now - be part of our community!

Classic titles for PRS-T!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Sazzy555
Visitor

Classic titles for PRS-T!

Just looking for a way to download the classic titles promised. Already disappointed that the Reader store is not available via WiFi in ther UK. I registered my PRS-T1 beofre downloading the software and now keep being re directed to the registration area to get the classic titles. I've completed all the registration three times now! Help please. A disappointed  UK owner.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
jesmith3326
Visitor

I haven't tried to download classic titles from the Sony store, but you might want to try www.manybooks.net.They have a large selection of free out-of-copyright books for download. No registration, no messing about - just a straight download of as many books as you want.

Apparently the Sony store will be available in the UK later this year or early next year. So said the man in the Sony shop when my husband went to pick up his PRS-T1.

For actual purchase of books, you could do worse than www.booksonboard.co.uk, or www.kobobooks.co.uk. Kobo at least also has a selection of free books for download; the formatting might be a bit fancier than www.manybooks.net.

You might also want to look into downloading the Calibre e-book organising program - makes life much easier than the Sony Reader Library, which tends to spend most of its time 'Not Responding'.

Good luck!