Join now - be part of our community!

How to Load Reader Library on Second PC

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
@0797740700028007
Visitor

How to Load Reader Library on Second PC

Hi can anybody help with this, I am currently trying to load the Reader Library Software on a second PC but it wont work, can you only have one library per reader?

Many thanks for your help.

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi Alan,

You can definitely run more than one library per Reader (I'm doing it myself!)

You can download the latest version of the Reader Library software from Sony's website:

http://support.sony-europe.com/computing/prs/prs.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=PRS-300 it's version 3.3 you want.

What you need to do then though is authorise the second PC with an Adobe ID - crucially this must be the same ID that you used on your first PC.  Probably the easiest way to do this is to go to one of the websites where you've purchased an eBook before: most websites have an order history section where you can view your previous purchases/downloads.  Choose one of your previous purchases, press the download button and choose the 'open' option.  The Reader Library should then prompt you by saying that it needs to authorise the computer.  As I said, make sure you use the same Adobe ID (usually an e-mail address) and password as the first PC, and that should be it!

Incidentally, if you can't remember the Adobe ID you used first time round on your first PC - open the Reader Library on this computer, and look under 'Help' and 'About Reader Library'.  In the information box that opens, under the bit about your computer being authorised there should be the e-mail address you used - and this is what you must use on the second computer (can't help you with the password though!!:smileygrin:)

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi Alan,

You can definitely run more than one library per Reader (I'm doing it myself!)

You can download the latest version of the Reader Library software from Sony's website:

http://support.sony-europe.com/computing/prs/prs.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=PRS-300 it's version 3.3 you want.

What you need to do then though is authorise the second PC with an Adobe ID - crucially this must be the same ID that you used on your first PC.  Probably the easiest way to do this is to go to one of the websites where you've purchased an eBook before: most websites have an order history section where you can view your previous purchases/downloads.  Choose one of your previous purchases, press the download button and choose the 'open' option.  The Reader Library should then prompt you by saying that it needs to authorise the computer.  As I said, make sure you use the same Adobe ID (usually an e-mail address) and password as the first PC, and that should be it!

Incidentally, if you can't remember the Adobe ID you used first time round on your first PC - open the Reader Library on this computer, and look under 'Help' and 'About Reader Library'.  In the information box that opens, under the bit about your computer being authorised there should be the e-mail address you used - and this is what you must use on the second computer (can't help you with the password though!!:smileygrin:)

Hope this helps!