Join now - be part of our community!

My PRS 505 will not power up?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dave-stead
Visitor

My PRS 505 will not power up?

For some reason I can't get my PRS 505 to turn on.  I have charged it up with a wall charger but still get nothing.  Can anyone help???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carpetmojo

Do you have a "soft" reset facility ? Sorry, I don't know the 505, but that's what you'ld try first on the 6/350 line.

A hard reset is also available, but you will lose all you have loaded onto the device - but check your manualregarding both options  [online (your PC)  is usually fuller & more detailed.]

If the soft does nothing, and you don't fancy a hard reset, I'd contact Sony Support - 'cos then it sounds like a

duff battery, or charger. I take it you've used the charger before successfully ?

Hope this helps...:smileyplain:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
carpetmojo

Do you have a "soft" reset facility ? Sorry, I don't know the 505, but that's what you'ld try first on the 6/350 line.

A hard reset is also available, but you will lose all you have loaded onto the device - but check your manualregarding both options  [online (your PC)  is usually fuller & more detailed.]

If the soft does nothing, and you don't fancy a hard reset, I'd contact Sony Support - 'cos then it sounds like a

duff battery, or charger. I take it you've used the charger before successfully ?

Hope this helps...:smileyplain:

wolfman42
Visitor

HI,

DID YOU GET YOUR PRS 505 WORKING AGAIN ?

BECAUSE I HAVE ONE AND THE SCREEN IS CRACKED.

I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAVE NOT GOT YOURS FIXED AND ARE SELLING IT FOR REPAIRS I MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE YOU AN OFFER FOR IT SO I CAN USE YOUR SCREEN ON MY PRS 505 E READER.:smileyhappy: