Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-350 Reader how do I read books with DRM ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lintrant
Visitor

PRS-350 Reader how do I read books with DRM ?

Can anyone help please.

I have a PRS-350 reader from Sony.

We have just purchased a new computer with windows 7 and I am unable to read books on my reader which I have purchased from Waterstones with DRM (Digital Rights Management).

I have down loaded the books from Waterstones into My Digital Editions and tried putting them on my ebook from there, also tried from Calibre libary and am still getting message Protected by Digital Rights Management when the reach my e reader.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi lintrant,

I'm guessing that the books that you can't read you're trying to transfer to your PRS-350 using your new computer with Windows 7?  I'm also assuming that everything was OK when you used your previous computer?

My guess is that it might just be that your new computer has not yet been authorised for Adobe Digital Editions (both the computer and your Reader must be authorised - and with the same ID).

You can check this as follows:

If you are using Sony's Reader Library software, click on 'Help' at the top and choose 'About Reader Library' from the drop-down menu.  You'll see an information box, and if you read through it will say whether your computer is authorised for Adobe DRM content or not (and if authorised the e-mail that was used to activate it).  If you're using Adobe Digital Editions standalone (I say standalone incidentally because the Reader Library software actually has Adobe Digital Editions built into it so you wouldn't additionally need to install Adobe Digital Editions in this case) ... anyway in Adobe Digital Editions you can click on 'Library' at the top and choose 'Authorize Computer' from the drop-down options and again it will say whether the computer is authorised or not and if so with which e-mail.

As I mentioned it's really important that the same Adobe ID is used for the computer and the partnering Reader to make sure that you can read copyrighted material successfully.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
carpetmojo

It may be something about Win 7 - I believe there have been a few problems, but I'm not techy enough to know, (am still clinging onto XP myself ) !  See your PM's.

I don't think I've ever had a DRM'd book from Waterstones that I know of......  :thinking:

Drumzman
New

Hi lintrant,

I'm guessing that the books that you can't read you're trying to transfer to your PRS-350 using your new computer with Windows 7?  I'm also assuming that everything was OK when you used your previous computer?

My guess is that it might just be that your new computer has not yet been authorised for Adobe Digital Editions (both the computer and your Reader must be authorised - and with the same ID).

You can check this as follows:

If you are using Sony's Reader Library software, click on 'Help' at the top and choose 'About Reader Library' from the drop-down menu.  You'll see an information box, and if you read through it will say whether your computer is authorised for Adobe DRM content or not (and if authorised the e-mail that was used to activate it).  If you're using Adobe Digital Editions standalone (I say standalone incidentally because the Reader Library software actually has Adobe Digital Editions built into it so you wouldn't additionally need to install Adobe Digital Editions in this case) ... anyway in Adobe Digital Editions you can click on 'Library' at the top and choose 'Authorize Computer' from the drop-down options and again it will say whether the computer is authorised or not and if so with which e-mail.

As I mentioned it's really important that the same Adobe ID is used for the computer and the partnering Reader to make sure that you can read copyrighted material successfully.

Hope this helps.