Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-600 won't sync or transfer files from computer to Reader. Can anyone help please, Manual is useless for this problem.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
teleajuna
Visitor

PRS-600 won't sync or transfer files from computer to Reader. Can anyone help please, Manual is useless for this problem.

Tags (3)
15 REPLIES 15
rotonki
Visitor

hi this seems to be a problem right across the prs series of readers as I have a prs 300 and have pretty much the same problems with syncing reseting only appears to solve the problem for a while. I think Sony need to look at thier software and bring out some kind of patch or upgraded operating software either  for the computer end or the reader end tosolve this irritating issue

Chippy2
Visitor

I did receive my e-reader back, when I tried it on my Windows 7 (32-bit) it still did not synchronise but I could drag and drop.  When I tried it on my Laptop (Windows Vista) it worked beutifully.  However, when I subsequently upgraded my PC to Windows 7 (64-bit) it still would not work!!!!!  There is clearly a problem that Sony either refuse to adress or ar not competent to deal with.  Their lack of a contact point makes things worse.  Perhaps a email to their MD would help?

teleajuna
Visitor

Maybe if you 'phone Sony or write to them and complain, asking for your repair money back, and reporting that there are many people with this problem, they may take notice and give us all a free software update!!!

kramers68
Visitor

Hello

This may help you.

Sony appear to have recently released new Reader software for both Mac and PC.

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/690244

I downloaded it yesterday (22nd Sept) and it works a treat!

My Mac now recognises my PRS300 (without the need to boot as 32bit) and the problem I was having with syncing that kept freezing is resolved. Good news!

The solution comes just in time for me to pass my PRS300 onto the wife when I get the new model reader on 19th Oct.

hope the above link helps.

Gavin

profile.country.GB.title
mstanle46
New

I found the easiest way to transfer to the ereader is to go into my Download file, right click and tell it to Send to the ereader. This works quickly and easily, but only if the book was downloaded to the download file - the book I just purchased from The Book Depository went straight to the Reader Library, and from there I can't do anything with it. Am intrigued by the comments on dragging & dropping - that's an impossibility for me (Windows Vista) - have tried it many times with no success at all.

I am now getting an error reading saying I have no memory space left - however - I had only 70 books in the PRS-600, which is supposed to hold 350. I deleted 20 and still no joy - same error message appears.

I have had absolutely no luck with the Sony helpline - 3 telephone calls, a 'Case Reference Number' given, a promise to return the call 'when they weren't so busy,' and that was over a week ago.

The shame of it is, that I really enjoy the ereader and use it a lot, but am getting seriously frustrated with what has been, in my experience, a case of...either the books transfer quickly and easily, or it's a nightmare experience that has me at the computer for hours trying to work it out and Sony 'helpline' is a contradiction in terms.

But I can recommend going into your Download file & doing it from there - when it works, it's really fast & easy and to be fair, the last book I purchased is the only one that has given me this

much grief.

profile.country.GB.title
mstanle46
New

Further to my last post, I've just discovered that I have to open Adobe Digital Editions FIRST & THEN plug the ereader in to the computer. Only then does ADE detect it and bring up the ereader icon, after which dragging & dropping is easy - although I had to drag & drop with a left click, rather than a right.

I've also discovered that the file I was trying to upload to the ereader was corrupted, so that is the fault of The Book Depository, as I had purchased it from them.

I still find it easiest to right click the book I want from Downloads & send it straight to the ereader. Bish-bash-boosh, but that only works if the ebook is downloaded to the download file in the first place, as I can't seem to copy it over. All books but one have gone directly to the Download file, and the one that didn't is the corrupted one.