Join now - be part of our community!

PRS 650 - keeps turning on automatically

profile.country.en_GB.title
James-Mac
Visitor

PRS 650 - keeps turning on automatically

I have had my PRS 650 for about ten months now and have had no problems with it until the last few weeks when it has started turning itself on automatically even after I have shut it down. This happens whether I use the slidder to shut down or go through the menu screen.

Has anyone else faced this problem?  Does any one have any solutions to stop it happening?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
carpetmojo

Do you mean shut down completely, or put in sleep mode via slider ?

Should be no need to shut down totally unless you're not planning on using it for a few days - better for the battery's performance to simply leave in sleep mode, & charge when down to 1-2 bars.

As to the powering on, have you tried a soft reset ( get a paperclip & see manual) ? This sorts a multitude of sins !

See your PMs.

carpetmojo

Message was edited by: carpetmojo

Message was edited by: carpetmojo

James-Mac
Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have always shut down completely rather than putting it into sleep mode but will take the advice and use sleep mode in the future.

However the underlying problem seems to be getting worse - after fully charging yesterday (4-5 hours) I left it in sleep mode overnight and the battery was completely expended by morning.

I will try your suggested reset but I rather fear it is a more fundamental battery problem in which case unless you have any suggestions I think I might be left with trying to get it repaired.

carpetmojo

James - sorry, thought I'd PM'd you but I hadn't - please check your PM's again, I've sent again !

James-Mac
Visitor

Thanks - but not received any PM so not sure if there is a problem at your end.

carpetmojo

Strange - but with a "Reply" it may work - just thought - your avatar my have the dash spacing differently to what Sony think it ought to be ! Wouldn't surprise me :thinking:

I suggested PM'ing   StartTheCar  , head honcho at Sony support - he has always been very helpful to everyone I've passed on, and knows his stuff.

It is odd, but hopefully he'll sort you out.   Cheers,   Carpetmojo.