Join now - be part of our community!

Registration problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Wembley22
Visitor

Registration problem

My reader says it is registered to someone else and won't work for me.  It may be that I have managed to register it twice.  Can anyone help me sort this out?

4 REPLIES 4
carpetmojo

Check your PM's..

Drumzman
New

Hi Wembley22

I would suggest deregistering the Reader first.  Do this by connecting it to your computer, opening the Reader Library software and click on Reader in the left hand menu list so that the main pane shows the content of your Reader.  Then press Ctrl+Shift+D together on your keyboard.  This should deregister your Reader.  (You can check this by looking under 'Settings', and 'About' where it should tell you if your Reader is now not authorised for Adobe Digital content).

If is not authorised, you can now authorise it again.  Probably the easiest way to do this is to transfer a copyrighted (purchased) eBook from your Library to the Reader.  You should be prompted by your Reader (on the computer screen) to authorise at this point, where you need to enter the e-mail and password that you used to register your computer for Adobe Digitally protected content - it's really important that his matches your computer otherwise anything you transfer you will not be able to read.

Hope this helps.

hannahdonnelly
Visitor

I am having the same problem, saying I have already registered this and it is not in my product list. I have tried doing the above. Is there anyway you can help me? I'm so stuck and confused.

Drumzman
New

Hi hannahdonnelly,

I'm assuming that it's still difficulty with transferring eBooks that your having because of registration problems?

Don't know if this will help, but it might be worth checking both ends of the process i.e. your computer as well as your Reader.

To be able to transfer copyright/protected eBooks successfully, both your computer and your Reader must be authorised using the same Adobe Digital ID.  If you open the Reader Library software on your computer, you can check if this is successfully authorised, and (usefully) the e-mail that was originally used for this authorisation/registration.  You do this by clicking on 'Help' at the top of the screen and choosing 'About Reader Library'.  This will open up an information box where if you read through this you will see it tells you whether the computer is authorised for 'Adobe DRM protected content'.  If the computer is authorised, then below this you should see an e-mail address listed.  Hopefully this is one that you recognise, and is the e-mail that was used when the computer was first authorised.

Then it might be worth trying again the process that I described in my earlier post about de-registering your Reader, and then transferring again a copy protected book from the Reader Library on your computer.  When you are prompted to authorise the Reader, make sure that you use the same e-mail address that you noted when you checked the computer together with the password you used for that e-mail when the computer was registered.

Hope that makes sense, and really hope it helps.