Join now - be part of our community!

CMTBX70DBi microsystem sound problem

profile.country.GB.title
manxman1
New

CMTBX70DBi microsystem sound problem

I've had this microsystem for just over two years (now superseded by the BX77DBi). Worked well, but the sound has just died. All of the functions work, CD plays, radio tunes, etc but there is no output from the speakers or phones socket. I've checked the speakers and they are fine with another sound unit.

Can anyone help or do I just scrap this system :slight_frown: and buy a new one?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
chippy47
Visitor

Not going to be much help but i have that microsystem and mine has done the same. Its hardly been used as its been in our holiday home. All functions work but no sound and the speakers work fine on other units!!!!!

It must be only 2 years old, sickening! Is it worth fixing?

profile.country.en_GB.title
nitikarathi13
Visitor

I have a seperate issue with this system. We have also owned this for nearly 2 years but only been using it frequently for 4months. Everything is OK except the system goes on standby when I connect the ipod. I dont know whats that about.

profile.country.GB.title
manxman1
New

Mine had also hardly been used, so clearly a reliability issue, which is a shame for Sony. I've had this fixed by an independent local 'fix it' shop. It needed a new integrated circuit (STK433-730) which was about c£30 plus £38 labour (an hour and a half). Sony wanted £55 just to look at the unit (unrefundable) plus whatever it cost to replace - logically at least £123 when a new unit is c£140.

The repair shop did say the problem could have been caused by a number of things, but I get the feeling yours is probably the same issue.

Good luck!