Join now - be part of our community!

speaker docks only iphone 5 no mention of 5c?

SOLVED
greglad
New

speaker docks only iphone 5 no mention of 5c?

Hi, looked at some great christmas present ideas in pc world yesterday, want to buy a speaker dock for my son so he can use his iphone to play music in his bedroom. But on the boxes it states it fits the iphone 5 or the other one the 4s, no mention of the 5c. My question is will an iphone 5c be ok on a speaker dock that is sold as iphone 5 compatible? Sorry also asked in general discussion, but question probably better here :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi greglad,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

First thing you need to check when buying speaker dock for an iPhone 5 or newer would be to ensure that is compatible with New Lightning Connector.. Here is one example of a Sony Clock dock which has the new lightning connector..

Any dock saying it's compatible with the Iphone 4S would probably have the old 15 pin connection which is not compatible with the iPhone 5 or newer..

You have not stated what model docking station you are looking at but I would suspect that any one that is compatible with the 5 would more than likely work with a 5S or C..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi greglad,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

First thing you need to check when buying speaker dock for an iPhone 5 or newer would be to ensure that is compatible with New Lightning Connector.. Here is one example of a Sony Clock dock which has the new lightning connector..

Any dock saying it's compatible with the Iphone 4S would probably have the old 15 pin connection which is not compatible with the iPhone 5 or newer..

You have not stated what model docking station you are looking at but I would suspect that any one that is compatible with the 5 would more than likely work with a 5S or C..