Join now - be part of our community!

No Sound on HT-SS1300 / KDL-42W653

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Wilko99
New

No Sound on HT-SS1300 / KDL-42W653

I have a new KDL-42W653 that I have connected via HDMI 1 to the TV socket on my HT-SS1300 amp. The Bravia synch all seems to work and the TV says "Audio System Active" but no sound comes from the amp. It works fine when from the Blu-ray so I am confident the amp is working OK. I have tried disconnecting all other devices from the amp and a different HDMI cable between the TV and the amp. The amp is recognised in the TV's HDMI list too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a look through the specifications and manual, and it does not appear that this system support HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel). 

You will need to connect an Optical Digital Cable from this system to the TV, and output sound optically. 

I have marked a couple of areas of interest from the manual.  The first is the direction of the signal flow.

No ARC.jpg

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a look through the specifications and manual, and it does not appear that this system support HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel). 

You will need to connect an Optical Digital Cable from this system to the TV, and output sound optically. 

I have marked a couple of areas of interest from the manual.  The first is the direction of the signal flow.

No ARC.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Wilko99
New

You're absolutely right, switched to optical and now sound, I am very grateful for your fast reply, thanks again :slight_smile: