Join now - be part of our community!

RDR HXD 870 causes functions on TV to stop working

shyextravert
Explorer

RDR HXD 870 causes functions on TV to stop working

My unit when Plugged into one TV , when the TV is brought on after being in Standby the Tuner  will not work on the TV. power down tthe TV for a few moments and powere back on, it will then work fine, till the next time it is powered up from standby. On the other brand TV the same scenarioa as above but its not the tuner this time its the remote control appieres to not activeat the input mode menu. tuner and everthing else is fine!

Obviously the RDR HXD 870 is upsetting something on both TV's I am using HDMI inputs but the same apperes to happen on scart!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It's not clear what do you mean by "the Tuner will not work" and which tv brand you have at home.

In any case you may try different solutions:

• if HDMI control (HDMI-CEC), is switched on, try to switch it off on all the devices
  • be sure that the pass-trough option on aerial is activated on the HXD in order to let the signal go through even if the HXD is in pause. As an alternative you may want to have the aerial plug in directly on the tv in order to avoid interference (if you have only one socket you can by a small splitter)
  • try another HDMI input on the Tv or another HDMI cable
  • regarding the remote problem, you may change the command mode on the HXD from the defualt 3 to 1 or 2 in order to use a different frequence
shyextravert
Explorer

Thank you for replying but please re-read the problem properly or I am not describing it well!

on both TV's (two entirly differnet makes) the problem arrises after the unit has been in standby, or in the case of the  input select   in both situations, when the TV has been on for a while or in standby mode,  removing power from the TV's  for a few moments  restores normal opperation, my first thought was that the input selection function was at fault on the one TV or the remote control, until a fresh TV exhibited the no tuner fault! 

If the TV is disconnected from the Sony unit and left in standby, it works fine. 

as does the unit with the no tuner!

I am trying a differnt HDMI cable tonight and have also been playing with the options, the problem exists on both channel 1 and 2 of the HDM and I sussepect also with the scart option, its as if there is the Sony unit is overloading the outputs or seninding confusing commands out to the  TV's   

Both TVS have been proved to be with out a problem as stand alone units!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi shyextravert,

I still don't get exactly when you say "not tuner": is it a message on your tv? In any case I was asking about the brand since especially for HDMI-CEC every manufacturer doens't guarantee th functionality with different dialect (be it Braviasync, Vieralink, or whater it's the name.

If it is turned on, switching it off may overcome the fault or (I hope for you) switching it on in any case change the way the two devices interact so it may solve it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rooob - Not knowing these recorders, are there any power-save settings when using the inbuilt tuner as a pass-through to the TV?

EDIT : Re-reading the issue, I think there is 2 issues here - 1 for each TV. 

• TV1 - Aerial pass-though issue (power saving mode?  maybe a splitter?)
  • TV2 - HDMI-CEC issue (compatibility of different brand?)
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi Quinnicus, there are 3 options for power save:

Mode 1: only aerial

Mode 2: no signal

Off: no power save.

I don't think this is the issue, since he says that without changing any setting the tv stop working, but it may worth to check it.

ANother issue here can be something to do with th remote interference, that maybe solved by changing th recorder command mode to 1 or 2