Join now - be part of our community!

Recording issue with Sony GX-300 DVD recorder

kendev
Explorer

Recording issue with Sony GX-300 DVD recorder

The problem I'm experiencing is that when I try to record with my Sony GX300 DVD recorder using -R disks speed 1x - 16x when the recorder attempts to write a message pops up saying "The disk is dirty". To date I have tried 4 different disks the last one been taken from the middle of the stack, I have previously, 6 months ago, used disks from this batch to record about 10 DVD's with no issue. Also when I use a disk with "too high" a speed an issue is detected immediatelly informing me that the machine "Cannot read this disk" so my 1x to 16x are passing that check?. Since the issue I have been successful when I use a dedicated DVD -R 8x which is the highest speed supported.

To recap the recorder is working when I use 8 speed disks and the spec of the disks I'm using was previously compatible

Any help in resolving this much appreciated as the 8 speed -R's seem to be gone off the shop shelves.

Regards

Kenny

4 REPLIES 4
Mr_Onion

Have you tried cleaning the laser? Example
kendev
Explorer

I havn't as it will record to 8 speed disks but it's worth a try, I did consider it at one stage but I only had a CD cleaner so I decided to skip in case it wasn't suitable but prior to seeing your suggestion i came across one in a shop this morning 🙂  Thanks

kendev
Explorer

Tried cleaning but still the same 😞
Mr_Onion

Sorry, I can't think of anything else