Join now - be part of our community!

SONY HT-S40R 5.1 Sound Bar Bluetooth question

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
will_107
Explorer

SONY HT-S40R 5.1 Sound Bar Bluetooth question

I have a google home mini in my room. 

I was looking to able to use this soundbar (Bluetooth and non WiFi I believe) to be used as a speaker from my google home and also when I want to play music from my phone via Bluetooth.  My question is could the soundbar have both my phone and google as connections and jump to whichever one is playing music.

My Bluetooth is always turned on on my phone, so is the soundbar smart enough to go to the google if my phone is not playing music? 

thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
will_107
Explorer

When I connect my Bluetooth speaker it gives me no other options and it only plays music?

unless the soundbar gives further options?

7EB10136-94A7-4EC5-86A6-89C10BB3AA68.png

View solution in original post

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

A Google Home compatible device does not need a Google Home device that controls it or needs to be connected to...

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

It does not have compatibility with Google so, I am afraid it can only play directly from a Smartphone for example, or you have to physically connect it to a Google Home device.

profile.country.GB.title
will_107
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.

so can I not connect via Bluetooth?

profile.country.GB.title
will_107
Explorer

I mean connect the google home via Bluetooth 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The problem is finding a way to tell Google Home mini to send Audio to the Soundbar.

profile.country.GB.title
will_107
Explorer

In the google home app you can make a Bluetooth default speaker, would this option work?
30680691-CD1A-4CDF-BE95-08A5469D23CE.png

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

There you should be able to pair the soundbar to the Google Home Mini, choice Pair Bluetooth speaker ...

profile.country.GB.title
will_107
Explorer

I connected my small Bluetooth speaker and yea works like a speaker but the google talking is still via its own google home pod. So like radio and music plays via the Bluetooth speaker. 

For the soundbars that say works with google, I assume that is just google and everything talks via it?  Like more compatible as you say?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

On that same screen you should choose the default device for music and audio, I think....

You may have just paired them...

profile.country.GB.title
will_107
Explorer

Yes right enough. It’s doesn’t give me any more options though. 

it does say audio as u say

i see the line ‘When you ask Will’s Room speaker for music, it’ll play on the speaker selected below’ but I don’t know how to get the audio ?