Join now - be part of our community!

SONY HT-S40R 5.1 Sound Bar Bluetooth question

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
will_107
Explorer

SONY HT-S40R 5.1 Sound Bar Bluetooth question

I have a google home mini in my room. 

I was looking to able to use this soundbar (Bluetooth and non WiFi I believe) to be used as a speaker from my google home and also when I want to play music from my phone via Bluetooth.  My question is could the soundbar have both my phone and google as connections and jump to whichever one is playing music.

My Bluetooth is always turned on on my phone, so is the soundbar smart enough to go to the google if my phone is not playing music? 

thanks 

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

In the image above you only have your GoogleHome mini device and the Android TV, after pairing you should also have the Soundbar and you should be able to select it by pressing on it (that section is used to choose the device that will play music and audio).

profile.country.GB.title
will_107
Explorer

When I connect my Bluetooth speaker it gives me no other options and it only plays music?

unless the soundbar gives further options?

7EB10136-94A7-4EC5-86A6-89C10BB3AA68.png

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Actually it should already be okay because Bluetooth 4.2 Speaker is selected and then you should hear the music from the Soundbar...

profile.country.GB.title
will_107
Explorer

Yes that’s what I thought, I hear the music via speaker 4.2, just not the audio (as in google talking).  I’m not sure how to get the audio to the speaker 

profile.country.GB.title
will_107
Explorer

Maybe this is the difference to soundbars with google?

or what is the difference you know of from soundbars to soundbars that work with google?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

A Google Home compatible device does not need a Google Home device that controls it or needs to be connected to...

profile.country.GB.title
will_107
Explorer

Ok so I was thinking that may be it. So a soundbar that works with google. Actually has a google built in?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

In UK? This is the only one (on Sony site) who work with Google Assistant:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/audio-home-cinema/t/sound-bars?gal-filter-features-soundbars-en_g...

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Ok, on the link page I used a filter to search for products that have the Google Assistant but there are others, you have to look for the models that "declare": Work with Google Assistant ...

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

The HT-ZF9 is the only soundbar which comes with Google assistant.