Join now - be part of our community!

UBP-X800M2 stopped at scene on ZS Justice Laegue 4k Bluray

profile.country.US.title
GreyWarden
Explorer

UBP-X800M2 stopped at scene on ZS Justice Laegue 4k Bluray

Hello all,

I have a question about the Zack Snyder Justice League 4K Bluray discs.

I was watching Zack Snyder's Justice League 4k bluray (disc1) on a Sony UBP-X800M2 player and noticed the hard pause, where the scientist are showing Superman's ship to the detectives (around 46:11 min mark) to approx where the witness' drawing sketch of parademons was shown (around 46:27). The movie would not proceed forward unless I moved onto next chapter or I rewind from said next chapter.

This same scene was not affected on the bluray version.

Is this a movie or player issue?  Has anyone else experienced this?

Please advise.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@GreyWarden 

My money is on a player issue.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/ubp-x800m2-freeze-during-4k-playback/...

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.US.title
GreyWarden
Explorer

I can play other entire 4k movies from beginning to end without incident.

I am starting to wonder if its the disc??  Maybe I'll try to connect with wb customer service for a disc replacement.

what else can I try to see if its the player?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@GreyWarden 

Put the disc in the player when it has not been on for a while, skip to just before the relevant section, and play from there.

This will eliminate the ‘hot hour’ effect from the equation.

You could also carry out a visual inspection of the disc looking for a fault in about the right area, bearing in mind that discs play from the middle outwards.

If you see something, see if you can wipe it off with a soft cloth, working outwards towards the rim of the disc, across the ‘grooves’ rather than along them.

profile.country.US.title
GreyWarden
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

Disc skips with player cold thus eliminating the ‘hot hour’ effect.

The movie disc was bought new but I still wipe it clean a few times from hub outward.  The results were the same.

Too bad I don't have another disc or another 4k extra player to eliminate it from the equation.

profile.country.US.title
GreyWarden
Explorer

meant to say disc does NOT skips with player cold thus eliminating the ‘hot hour’ effect.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@GreyWarden 

Does not compute?

If the disc doesn’t skip when you jump to it on the player when cold, but does skip when you play the disc and reach the point sequentially, doesn’t this tie in with the reports of the X800 overheating?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey GreyWarden, try borrowing another disc to eliminate the issue, otherwise you're left with only sending it for repair.

profile.country.GB.title
xSCDazx
Explorer

This issues seems common across the x700 and the x800, I believe its the layer transition on BD-100 disks.  BD50 and 60s seem fine.

Sony support were useless for my same issue on my x700 and the repair centre told me today (29 Oct 2021) that it's unlikely they can do anything with it, so pointless is sending it in really.  Seems Sony do not want to address this issue £200 down the drain I think.

profile.country.US.title
GreyWarden
Explorer

Since they have the ZS Justice League Cut 4k on early Black Friday sale for $10 on Amazon and other outlets, I decided to get another copy to see for sure if its the player or the disc. 

It turns on this new disc works fine through the section that the other disc had issues playing.

So.... its DEFINITELY the disc. 

Go figure.  Consider this issue closed.