Join now - be part of our community!

Which speakers can I pair with Sony HT-SF150?

profile.country.GB.title
theoportoman
New

Which speakers can I pair with Sony HT-SF150?

Hi

I bought a Sony HT-SF150 soundbar, but due to the organisation of my room, I need another speaker to broadcast the sound to, so the sound will come from both the soundbar and the other speaker.

Does anyone know of any speakers that I can definitely connect to this soundbar, that are easy to connect and also aren't really expensive.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You can't add anything to the soundbar, it is not an AVR

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@theoportoman 

As @rooobb says, you can’t connect anything extra to the soundbar, but assuming you are running the soundbar via ARC, you could connect one of these

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/televisions-speakers-speaker-grilles/srs-lsr200

to the TV Optical Out, and position it wherever you wanted in the room.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
theoportoman
New

Okay thanks.

I thought I'd be able to add some kind of bluetooth speaker i.e. broadcast the sound over to the bluetooth speaker. Is that not right?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@theoportoman 

The soundbar only receives Bluetooth, it does not transmit it:-

Interface

INPUT AND OUTPUT TERMINALS HDMI™(ARC),Optical-audio input,USB type A
BLUETOOTH RX (receiver)
BLUETOOTH VERSION version 4.2
NFC No

You could certainly hang an Optical to Bluetooth converter on the Optical Out of the TV (Amazon have a selection of these for a very few tens of £’s) and send audio to a separate Bluetooth speaker that way.

But it will have to be very low latency, like the Sony unit above, if it is not to lag the audio from the soundbar, and you will need to be sure it is in phase with the speakers on the soundbar (i.e. that the cone(s) in the Bluetooth speaker move out when the cones on the soundbar speakers move out, and not in, instead, or the sound will be all disembodied and strange).

profile.country.GB.title
theoportoman
New

Okay thanks for the ideas.

Could you explain about the "low latency" that you mention - how do you tell if a speaker has low latency and are there certain ranges etc?

Thanks

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Imho you cannot. The result will be always bad. It is like that even if driven all directly by the tv (like lg ones that can handle BT and internal speaker at the same time), let alone if one is driven by the soundbar connected via arc and the other via optical and bt transmitter: they will never be in sync

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey theoportoman, this one doesn't support adding speakers. Also, the suggestions on this thread aren't guaranteed.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@HannahEd01 

Thanks for that.

Can you please then explain where Sony’s claims for the SRS-LSR200 depart from reality?

profile.country.GB.title
corixa232
Explorer

@HannahEd01 Hello - also keen to know this. Am trying to find out if it's possible to use a soundbar and also an SRS-LSR200. I currently have a set of wired speakers and an SRS-LSR200 both connected (via a headphone jack splitter) to the 3.5mm headphone output at the back of my TV. The wired speakers are on their last legs and I'd like to replace them with a soundbar - but want to check I'll still be able to use the SRS-LSR200? 
Thanks in advance!