Join now - be part of our community!

Date and Time keep resetting on new Sony TV

profile.country.GB.title
evertonfc344
Explorer

Date and Time keep resetting on new Sony TV

Hello,

Yesterday i got a new Sony Bravia KDL40WE663 once set up i tried to set the time, The Auto time does not work at all.  So i set it manually, And thought all was fine.  Turned the TV on this morning and the time had reset along with the date, So i manually entered the time and date again.  Anyway i was just watching BBCi then came out to go back onto my PC and the screen went black with the Sony Logo then my PC came onto the screen.  After this happened i noticed the Date and Time had once again reset!

Anyone got any idea why it is doing this? Or a possible fix?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried these steps:

Clock/Timers

Sets the timer and clock.

profile.country.GB.title
evertonfc344
Explorer

I am fully aware of how to set the time, Like i said i have have set the date and time numerous times now but the TV keeps resetting it at random.  The Auto Time and date does NOT work.

Had the TV a few days and already loads of faults! I used to think Sony was a good make. I no longer do!

profile.country.LT.title
Sooolo
Explorer

I confirm that Auto Time and date does not work (Sony KD-49XE7077).

johns69
New

Hi Sony.

Sorry to resurrect but I haven't found any advice elsewhere for this particular issue.

I'm experiencing exactly the same thing with my new TV. Auto update of time does not work at all (it stays on the default date and time) and, if I manually set the date and time, they reset to the default whenever the TV is turned off.

It's a KD43XG7003. I've already tried updating the firmware and a factory reset. Can you help from here please?

JS

profile.country.GB.title
naussicagiurgiu
Explorer

Hi JS.

I just wondered if you managed to get any further with this issue? I have exactly the same problem and have tried everything.

I am now starting to think that only the Android Bravia televisions can gather the automatic date / time via the Internet, whereas the non-Android Bravia televisions can only get this via data contained within a broadcast stream.

I say this because I only have a set-top box and consoles connected via HDMI and so never use either the analogue or digital aerial sources.

Thanks.