Join now - be part of our community!

Loss of screen clock display on Bravia KDL-52W3000

profile.country.GB.title
Eron40
Explorer

Loss of screen clock display on Bravia KDL-52W3000

Had the tv for some years and always had the screen clock display.  Could switch on or off and change time as required. In last week or so the clock has disappeared and I can find no way to reinstate it. None of the usual settings options seem to give access. Has this facility been removed some how?

How can I reinstate this very useful feature?

ps We have a new KDL-32WD75x as well and I cant find a clock display option on it at all. Any solution?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there,

Have you updated to latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Eron40
Explorer

Thanks. Not sure re firmware update, will have to check where in Settings to find it. Vaguely recall was set to auto but maybe not.  Seems strange for it to disappear without action on my part but who knows. Also strange for other new Bravia not to have screen clock. It definitely on auto update. Will check also. 
Thanks again. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Have you tried pressing twice the info button?

profile.country.GB.title
Eron40
Explorer

Checked all the software update settings and they look normal then tried your idea on the Info button (on the old Bravia tv ) but still no on-screen clock. There is, as before, an option to reset the internal time from an external digital source but no manual setting option and nothing to select to show clock on-screen, both of which I seem to remember were there before. Still a mystery, think I’ll just buy a small clock!

profile.country.IE.title
MarkHarrow
New

Are you travelling and scared you will not be able to watch NOW TV abroad? Well, don’t be? You can watch NOW TV abroad, when in countries in the EU. Using NOW TV abroad is so seamless, that you will have watch the same channels just the same way as you would back in the UK.

profile.country.GB.title
Eron40
Explorer

Where did the unsolicited ad for Now TV come from? It’s got no relevance to my original question. I’m sure its fine but this type of thing is more likely to put me off. Plenty other channels to go to (or am I just out of date with everyone now free to push their stuff to anyone they like?)