Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32W705C - Netflix Issue

profile.country.GB.title
BigBlueLou
Explorer

KDL-32W705C - Netflix Issue

Netflix occasionally crashes when trying to watch a programme.

I will launch Netflix as usual, choose something to watch, the programme will begin and will play for 1-3 seconds.

There is no error message, it simply closes down Netflix and reverts to the black screen.

I'm not sure what the problem is. I've tried unplugging my tv, fromt the mains and plugging it back in after so many minutes, I've also refreshed internet contentn but the problem persists. 

Netlix details:

ESN

Sony CTV140000000000000009699395

Software Version

PKG3.004EUA

Netflix Version

nrdapp 2014.1.3 / nrdlib 2014.1.3 / mdxlib 2014 1.3. /mdjxs v 2.21.70

Platform Version

SDK 4.1.3.2236721 / sdkver 4.1.3

Device Model

Sony_KDL-32W705C-L

UI Build

UI-release-20170313_4288_11_gibbon_sapphire_darwinql

--------

However, there seems to be a work around.

I need to visit www.Netflix.com and watch a second of something, even the same video, and pause it before leaving the website. The next time I attempt to watch something on my TV, it will work.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thank you for reporting this problem - there have been a few others reporting the same thing and from what I gather, its also the same on the Italian forums and I believe on the US forums too.

Thank you also for the detailed info too.  Later today, I will gather all the threads that I can find about this issue and pass it onto Sony for them to liase with Netflix to get this fixed.

Cheers

gprice2017
Explorer

I have exactly the sam eissue all of my settings and software versions are identical to the baove but I have a Sony KDL50W829B.

Netlfix works occasionally then kicks out 9 times out of 10, tried all the factory reset, refresh internet content, log ou of all Netflix devices and still absolutley nothing. Very frustrating ecpecially with 2 young children who use the Netflix app all the time.

Even my youngest daughter who is 7 is now able to set up the wireless concetcion for the tv on an expert level as she is so desperate to get it fixed. Only been like it for the last 2 weeks or so.

Any news or updates or anyone else to contact would be much appreciated, at the moment, using a firestick, which kind of defeats the object wont be buying Sony again if this si the issues which occure justout of 2 year warranty.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

In regards to Netflix - can you please try this potential work-around:  Before starting to play any TV show or movie within Netflix, can you wait about 1 to 2 minutes. 

Please reply back if this works or not?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
be11aml

Hi,

I tried waiting before trying to play anything this morning and it did seem that work.

Having just finished watching House of Cards, it was crashing on the first attempt at trying to play every time. It did always work on the second attempt.

My quick test this morning was playing something else, but I will try to test more throughly later.

Thanks

Luke

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @be11aml - one person has said that waiting a minute or two didnt work for them, but interested to see how you get on with a better test out?

profile.country.GB.title
be11aml

OK, I had a slightly more organised look at this issue last night.

1. opened Netflix app from the Home>Applications menu
  2. Once user select screen was displayed, I waited about 2 mins before making a selection
  3. Having selected my profile, I then proceeded to select an item and it played without crashing

I will try again later to go quickly through the user select screen and then wait before selecting an item.

Given my experience with playback always working on the second attempt, I think there is certainly something about timing that is causing the issue.

poop3r
Explorer

We had the same issue for months, then suddenly found a solution - tv must be set to HDMI1 before launching Netflix app.

profile.country.GB.title
Steven703119
Explorer

I'm having the same problem with my KDL-42W705B. Never used to happen but over the last few months the problem is becoming a pain. Netflix app loads perfectly but once a choice is made it starts loading and will crash a second after starting. It returns to the last viewed broadcast channel. I've tried resetting the tv, logging out of Netflix and logging in again and switching off etc. but it has become unstable.

Gimmeabreak
Explorer

Does anyone know if a solution has been found for this problem?