Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32W705C - Netflix Issue

profile.country.GB.title
BigBlueLou
Explorer

KDL-32W705C - Netflix Issue

Netflix occasionally crashes when trying to watch a programme.

I will launch Netflix as usual, choose something to watch, the programme will begin and will play for 1-3 seconds.

There is no error message, it simply closes down Netflix and reverts to the black screen.

I'm not sure what the problem is. I've tried unplugging my tv, fromt the mains and plugging it back in after so many minutes, I've also refreshed internet contentn but the problem persists. 

Netlix details:

ESN

Sony CTV140000000000000009699395

Software Version

PKG3.004EUA

Netflix Version

nrdapp 2014.1.3 / nrdlib 2014.1.3 / mdxlib 2014 1.3. /mdjxs v 2.21.70

Platform Version

SDK 4.1.3.2236721 / sdkver 4.1.3

Device Model

Sony_KDL-32W705C-L

UI Build

UI-release-20170313_4288_11_gibbon_sapphire_darwinql

--------

However, there seems to be a work around.

I need to visit www.Netflix.com and watch a second of something, even the same video, and pause it before leaving the website. The next time I attempt to watch something on my TV, it will work.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Steven703119
Explorer

I ended up buying a fire stick which sorted the problem but then the screen went on the fritz just before Christmas. Thank heaven's for John Lewis' 5 year guarantee!

profile.country.GB.title
Edds82
New

Hello Sony this problem has been a bane to my family. It's not just Netflix there is a problem with Amazon prime also , it's the internet connection keeps changing. I have used WPS and wireless . I'm sorry Sony but just saying "please wait" isn't good enough. Please say you have come up with a software update. When was the last update for this TV? It's terrible that you just forget the older TVs.