Join now - be part of our community!

Scene selection

profile.country.GB.title
Mmjohnst
Explorer

Scene selection

Is there a way to turn scene selection off? I use my apple tv 4K for nearly everything but when the scene selection changes it knocks the colour off that comes through on screen and I have to keep closing the app I’m using and opening the app again. However this doesn’t work at all if I watch a movie from my iTunes library. The colour is awful. For example I was watching a movie earlier and could not get the colour on screen that should be there so I started to watch the same movie via Now Tv app and the colour was as it should be   Even If I choose hdr or any other it does not help. I have the BRAVIA KD-49XF7003. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Mmjohnst, 

I'm just going to try to find some answers for you. In the meantime, maybe someone else in the community might have some ideas. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Mmjohnst
Explorer

When I 1st put the Apple TV on it says on screen that scene selection has been changed and the colours I see on screen are not very good

When I then go into an app, for example bbc I player, again it says scene selection has been changed but the colours on screen are still poor quality. If I then close down the app and restart the app, the tv screen flashes black, then flashes green then the picture comes on screen with wonderful 4K colours and again with the message scene selection has been changed. This happens with every app. Ok I do eventually manage to see 4K  colours etc as they should be but this is not the case when I watch a 4K movie from my iTunes library. I do get the black screen, then a flash of green screen and the message scene selection has been changed but I do not get the wonderful 4K colours

I’m using the belling ultra fast hdmi cables that apple suggest. They can handle 48gbps. 

Apple TV is connected to some bat via tv in and the soundbar connected to my tv via hdmi arc

I have tried just having the Apple TV connected to the tv direct but still same issue plus I loose the the Dolby Atmos option

My apple tv isn’t faulty as it was fine with my previous tv and soundbar 

profile.country.GB.title
Mmjohnst
Explorer

Hi Pascale. Thank you. I really hope you can find the solution for me  

profile.country.GB.title
Mmjohnst
Explorer

Hi 

Dod you manage to find any answers?

thanks