Join now - be part of our community!

USB Formatting for KD43XF7073 on Apple Mac Computer

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

USB Formatting for KD43XF7073 on Apple Mac Computer

Just purchased the TV and am not having success formatting USB sticks so the TV can see them.

Am using a Mac to format using Disk Utility whichever format I choose, either exFAT or MS-DOS FAT32 on a Master Boot Record and the Sony does not see the device.

My six year old Sony 32EX52 has no such problems. Anybody got any guidence?

Thank You.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Davey,

I'll see if I can find this out for you. Maybe someone else in the community can help in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi there,

It's weird that your old TV can detect the same USB stick. This makes me think that the issue is most probably related to this TV. Have you checked if it's running the latest firmware version https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-xf70xx_x70xxf_x73xf-series/kd-43xf7073/downloads/...?

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Hi thanks for replying, tried again with the same USB I use for my other Sony TV and this time it worked, just had to push the stick more firmly than I was willing to do previously. Seems like the USB inputs are set a bit too far in to the body of th TV.

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Hi thanks for replying, as mentioned above I did get the stick to be seen by the TV by being a bit more forcefull with

inserting the stick. 

So now got to figure out why the programme guide is so much slower than the one on the old TV, why the Play, Fast Forward, Rewind controls don't work when streaming movies from my mac. Works flawlessly on the older TV.

And try to reason the lunacy of the TV not having the very useful Picture in Picture, which of course the older TV has.

New fancier TV, less user friendly. Crikey.