Join now - be part of our community!

Graphic Driver

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
Tribecca
Visitor

Graphic Driver

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with the Graphic Card Driver on my Sony Vaio. I own a VPCEB4M1E/WI with an ATI Mobility Radeon 5470.

In Vaio Update and on the Vaio website the latest graphical driver is Graphics Driver (ATI) - 8.723.8.2 from 19/11/2010. I've uninstalled it, and got this version intalled again, but still my issue remains. For those of you who are into video games, I recently bought Guild Wars 2, and I have a graphical glitch.

Around objects and models, I see a blue-ish texture glitch (like pixels). There is nothing I can do about (no in-game settings to fix this) and I was told it's because the outdated graphic card driver. In rest the game runs really smooth.

I've tried finding newer driver version, but the one on the AMD/ATI website I cannot use, it won't let me install that one. I called Sony Support, and they said they can't help either, as this is the only version it is. However, I find it absurd that Sony will allow me to use only a 2 years old driver, and nothing newer, even though the manufacturer (ATI) constantly releases new versions (from 2012 even).

I never had any issues with new games so far (Prototype 2, Darksiders 2) but with this one I do have, and it's quite frustrating. Is there any hope for something to be done about it, or that I can do?

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tribecca
Visitor

Hi again,

I managed to solve the issue, the above link that you posted helped, with two mentions:

1. The links in that forum are expired, so if you want the version from November 2011 you have to search for ATi Catalyst Mobility 11.12 For Vista/Win7 32 bit

2. That version however didn't helped, but I found a 2012 version by googling ATI Mobility Radeon 2012 (or something similar).

Many thanks again, much appreciated!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Alex,

The following YouTube video has helped some members but one has reported that the method failed for them - worth a try though.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dt2_thUnvJv4&v=t2_thUnvJv4&gl=GB

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Tribecca
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly I couldn't make this work. Any other thoughts?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Alex,

This thread may be of help - especially the link posted by Stan towards the end.

https://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/message/711584#711584

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Tribecca
Visitor

Hi again,

I managed to solve the issue, the above link that you posted helped, with two mentions:

1. The links in that forum are expired, so if you want the version from November 2011 you have to search for ATi Catalyst Mobility 11.12 For Vista/Win7 32 bit

2. That version however didn't helped, but I found a 2012 version by googling ATI Mobility Radeon 2012 (or something similar).

Many thanks again, much appreciated!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome Alex, and thanks for the additional info - this will no doubt be of help to other members :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
JConlon12
New

I'm having the exact same problem. I too am trying to play Guild Wars 2 with the same issue of screen tearing and cannot download a new driver from Sony or from the AMD website. Would appreciate if anyone was able to give me a little more information on how to fix this problem. I am not the most computer savvy person and am not sure exactly if the fix that Tribecca used would also work for me. I think I have a very similar laptop to Tribecca, although I have the 64-bit Windows 7 version. Not sure if this all makes sense but would really appreciate any help anybody can offer.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

Tribecca
Visitor

Hi Jamie:

Here is where I got it from: http://torrent-windows.net/windows/drayvery/6858-amd-ati-catalyst-display-drivers-124-whql-mobility-...

It's the entire suite of drivers, you have to install the 64 bit version (same as I did). You need a torrent downloader for that.

But before that, make sure you uninstall all ATI drivers.

Good luck!

vicentiug
Visitor

Hello Tribecca,

I am having the same issue with Guild Wars 2 and ATI Radeon 5470 graphics card. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Could you please tell me how to update the driver to the latest one ? I desperately need help.

Thank you, Vincent.

Tribecca
Visitor

Hi Vincent,

First download the entire driver suite from the link I posted above, it's the green button that says something like Скачать торрент (I'm not russian either so I don't know what it means). You will need a torrent downloader for that, so it's either utorrent or bittorrent.

Then you need to uninstall everything ATI related, you can do so from Control Panel - Add/Remove programs. Afterwards go to the downloaded folder and find the version which suits your system, respectively the 64 bit one and install it.

It should work, I don't have the graphic glitch in GW 2 anymore.